X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid/Home Depot ad

I just recieved my Nov./Dec. issue of Tools of the Trade, and on page 4 there is the following statement" Introducing a whole new line of over 30 professional-grade power tools from RIDGID that'll seriously outperform what you're using now." Are you kidding me or what! Here is a line of tools that has been on the market for 2 months, has no proven track record, and relies on a gimmick to push it's introduction. What kind of fool would make such a claim? Also in this issue on page 15 you will find this gem" Ridgid has designed and built what it calls" best in class" portable power tools". Best in class? What class are we talking about the Firestorm and Harbor Frieght class? Boy I hope that these tools do'nt flop, if they do Ridgid and Home Depot have set themselves up for one hell of a fall.

what are you talking about. I am a new member but own the R1000, R2600, and R84015. Have you even used them. You may be right and you certainly should not buy things just for the warrrenty like a new KIA pos car. But from what I've seen and used the new ridgid line is where its at. My brother in law is a contractor whom also happens to be a diehard dewalt fan but liked all three of the tools I purchased. We can't tell if the new line will not last but how can you prove they are not what ridgid claims them to be. Right now I'd tend to believe them as what they are and not a joke or a flop. anywho no company makes the best at everything they make example the new spade handle drill isn't anything too special but the rest of their new line I love to own.

Comment

You ever see the beginning of the NYW when the Porter Cable add airs? It's pretty much the same thing. Best in teh business, made for professionals, etc. I've heard plenty of "this is crap" about those tools too.

Please, before you slam the stuff, give it a try.

Comment

Best in teh business, made for professionals, etc.

I heard the company that advertised "our stuff sucks and is overpriced", didn't do so well...

Gee, big claims in advertising, there's a shocker.

Dave

Comment

I heard the company that advertised "our stuff sucks and is overpriced", didn't do so well...

Now Dave, Microsoft has done quite well ...

(Couldn't resist. I'm really not a M$ basher, actually like the 2000 OS, but the set-up was too good to pass on.)
          Alan
          My Shop

Comment

My Question is why do these guys hang out at the ridgid forum if they dislike everything about ridgid. You would think a bright one would move on to something they did like. Must be the case that they aren't happy unless they are *****in about somethin. I work with several people like that, how annoying. Just glad I don't have to live with'em. If you dislike it, post your opinion and move on to something else.

Comment

An important point here, Dbonzi, is that the naysayers might just be the most important members of this forum. We're discussing a brand-new line of tools here, tools which haven't been in the field very long. Those of us who like them merely confirm what Ridgid expects to hear about it. Those who dislike them are the ones raising the issues which Ridgid needs to hear about in order to improve their product. Obviously, all the testing on earth won't disclose every possible design error. Only time, and field usage, will do that.

Comment

But they don't offer constructive complaints and they haven't even used the tools first! (Yet they know all there is to know about them) (Rad Idealist) Rick

Comment

As has been posted by BrandMan elsewhere, they tested them in the field with contractors for beta testing for a long time before releasing them to the public.

So there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Arbuckle:
                    Best in teh business, made for professionals, etc.

Gee, big claims in advertising, there's a shocker.

Dave
                    At least it would be the truth.

Comment

Re: Ridgid/Home Depot ad

where is a ridgid rpeair class?

Comment

Originally posted by kaaw37 View Post
                        where is a ridgid rpeair class?
                        Um, wow, this thread is 8 years old!

Comment

Yet another example of why threads should be locked after a certain period of time has passed.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                            Yet another example of why threads should be locked after a certain period of time has passed.
                            i dont know its kind of cool to see that the line lasted the test of time improving with each new gen.

Comment

Working...
                            X