X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third party cordless tool batteries

Check this out, a company known as TDC Batteries is going to be offering replacement batteries for cordless power tools, all the major brands.

Here's the link to the article.

Here's a snipit from the article to whet your whistle;

(PRWEB) January 22, 2005 -- TCD Batteries Inc., a discount cordless power tool battery retailer, opened the doors of its new online store, tcdbatteries.com, to provide customers with high-quality cordless power tool batteries at affordable prices. The site will showcase TCD Batteries’ broad selection of quality power tool battery replacements, manufactured to work with cordless power tools from big name brands.

Thanks for the heads up Bob. I checked the cost of their batteries for my DeWalt and they're about 2/3's of the price of a DeWalt battery at HD.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Be very careful with generic brand parts. I use Milwaukee cordless and noticed that the amp hours of these generics are less than OEM. The warranty is only half of Milwaukee's also.

How many of us really want to buy aftermarket parts that are lower in quality than the original equipment? Most mechanically inclined folks know its not wise to downgrade parts on equipment, whether its tools or automotive equipment its not a good idea to be penny wise and pound foolish.

If an after market battery pack came out that was better than OEM that would be something to really crow about. Thanks for the information.
      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

plumber raises some valid concerns, I noticed that the warranty period was short, 90 days I think. I don't recall any Amp/Hour ratings for the batteries being given, and this you would want to check against the original batteries specs, you'd want greater capacity or at least equal.

Also, as I had mentioned in another post a while back, some battery packs have internal temperature sensors that interface with the charger, these third party batteries may not have this feature and/or how can you be sure it is compatable with your OEM charger?

Anyway, I was just passing on the info. I can't recommend them as I have not purchased any of their products. I have though bought batteries from aftermarket companies for portable radio equipment that has functioned as well as or better than the OEM battery did, but again these were not from this company.

Comment

Bob,

The amp hours were listed on its Milwaukee guide, I did not check the other brands.

Just as there are very good after market batteries for autom0biles it should just be a matter of time before we start seeing very good quality after market parts for cordless tools.

One only hopes they pay proper respect to copyright and patent laws.

[ 01-29-2005, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: plumber ]
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
          X