X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Orange Tools

Within the next 2 weeks the new tools will be in all HD stores - nation wide. I have had the chance to try out the new 7-1/4" Circular Saw and it cuts like butter. It is 15 amps. I tried it against the Milwaukee 7 1/4 - 15 amps.....There is no comparison. Next I tried out the 5" Random Orbit Sander vs the DeWalt. I can say from a comfort level in your hand....again Ridgid out ways the DeWalt. But don't just read - go and try it out. Someone asked me, if I thought it was a glorified Ryobi? No - it is a professional tool for the professional.....I believe just like B&D and DeWalt. No-one minds the yellow drill but 8-9 years ago - when they came out was a different story. I guess we will have to see.

Hey there KiwiGirl. Thanks for the good word on the Circ Saw and the Sander. I have been trying to decide about the Ridgid line of power tools and have come to this forum exclusively for the purpose of letting the people that have actually used these products to help out in my decision. so far I would say that the reply has been very good and slightly biased or slightly hones to a degree.

Thanks

Comment

Jones i dont use tools much yet but i am going to. i fix them for a living so all i can say is stay away from the yellow ones go with orange, red, blue,or green.

Comment

Thanks Jon. I appreciate the advice. I believe that you have just clinched it for me when it comes to which ones to avoid although I'm not too sure about the tools distributed down here (Toronto, Ontario, Canada). Would the quality be the same. I assume they are all shipped from the same location when assembled. I'm not too sure on the details for that process.

Thanks

By the way what's ther repair rate on the Ridgid so far?

Comment

Jones31 quality should be no different. as far as repairs go we are only a warranty center for threading and plumbing and some misc.(sump pumps and if we get the ok sometimes wet dry vacs)i do not no if they will grant us warranty work on the powertools maybe in the future after they work the bugs out.

Comment

Working...
          X