X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X2

What is the difference between X2 and normal 18V?
    I assume X2 is better. Can an X2 battery work in a normal 18v tool?

According to One Who Knows (mr man), in an earlier post:
    The X2 denotes everything that it has over the compact series,

Higher cap battery,
    Duel charger,
    Air pumps though charger cooling batterys,
    more torque,
    tougher metal frontend,
    1/2" single sleeve chuck with carbide inserts.
    I bought mine (14.4v) based partly on this, and it is a great tool. I also want their 6" ROS.

Dunno about the batt interchangeability, though. If you're near an HD, go try one.

Comment

RIDGID batteries will work on all RIDGID drills, provided you are dealing with drills / tools of the same voltage. That said another way... A standard capacity battery or a Max HC battery can be used on any tool.

Comment

I bought the Ridgid 4 pac combo kit. I am having trouble using a long drill bit or long Phillips head bit they wobble. The Drill Chuck will not hold them straight. Is anyone else having this trouble

Comment

I bought the Ridgid 4 pac combo kit. I am having trouble using a long drill bit or long Phillips head bit they wobble. The Drill Chuck will not hold them straight. Is anyone else having this trouble

Comment

Not me. I have the Dewalt.

Comment

Tool Guy:

I dont own the Ridgid Cordless so i dont know if the chuck is messing up. I have never seen that happen before. I would check the bit and see if it wobbles...ie rollit by itself on the table. If it is true then the drill is defective. Take it back and get another Ridgid drill or switch brands

Comment

Originally posted by LaserMan:
                X2 would mean the tool comes with two battery packs and a dual charger. X2 battery packs will work in a same voltage tool.

Comment

Originally posted by jleemtb:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LaserMan:
                  X2 would mean the tool comes with two battery packs and a dual charger. X2 battery packs will work in a same voltage tool. </font>[/QUOTE]x2 has nothing to do with 2 battery pack.

It's a higher capacity battery and the x2 sets come with the double charger.

If it fits right, it will work.

Comment

X2 drills also come with a ½" chuck while the standard drills are 3/8".
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Dave:
                      X2 drills also come with a ½" chuck while the standard drills are 3/8".
                      they have handles on the drills and the drill are larger also.

X2 as a battery simply is higher capacity(with more weight)

X2 as a kit means many upgrades(not all preferable to everyone).

Comment

Working...
                      X