Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumber is right. they still make alot of the tool line right here. most of the parts i get for milw. are made in the usa. some come from england because milw. bought out aeg tool line.as a matter of fact most of the parts i get from dewalt are made in the usa too. only time will tell if they start with overseas stock,but talking to the milw. reps they are confident that milw. will not change much.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Ya know, I think packers is the guy that bought all Ryobi tools and that is why he is so down on Milwaukee. Packers, I was teasing about the Red Ryobis, there is a difference in the Red and the blue tools. You have them confused. LOL
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Plumber,

You said "they were bought out" Right? Well being bought out means going belly up really if you think about it, cause if you dont have enough money to make it work you have to have someone else come in and give you some money to help produce and design some tools to help you make it. So yes they went bankrupt and had to be bought out by the TTI company that also makes ryobi, ridgid, homelite, crapsmen and among others...have fun with the homegid......I will buy stuff that will last and has a proven name, and the only tool manufacture that is the Sole leader of tools that hasn't been bought out....DeWalt tried to burry them when they first came on board strong in 1991. There was a big lawsuit that everyone can see, they tried to put them under and it couldnt happen because Makita has such a strong name and that is again Makita...Makita has done me well and I will have to stick with what does the best work and doesnt let me down and have down time.

Comment

Packers,

Being raised in a rural area and brought up in a good moral household a fair fight was always ingrained into my psychic. It is not fair to you for me to have a battle of wits with someone as unarmed as yourself.

No, bought out does not mean belly up. Not even close. It means there was a company with a product and image that another company wanted bad enough to offer many, many millions of dollars to obtain. Please do some homework and stop embarrasing yourself.
          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Guys,
            Milwaukee was sold by their parent company Atlas Copco. Who, wanted out of the power tool business, aparently. Milwaukee is an old company and in many ways still operates business in the style of the 40's or 50's, lets say. They are finally getting into the new millenium with TTi and there will be no stopping the Red, look out DeWalt, you better watch your back! Anyway, AEG, Milwaukee came as a package deal to TTi and will do nothing but improve all tools under the TTi umbrella!
            I have used all of the V28 tools, they rock! Yes they will be exensive but, the run time and power is awesome. Plumbers and pipe fitters will love the cordless bandsaw. The rest of the lineup kicks butt, the competition can not keep up. I have heard that Makita is working on a Lithium Ion battery as well, but Milwaukee is first on market.

Comment

Hey All!

Yes, they are available. And yes, Milwaukee is the first...

[ 04-21-2005, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Ari ]

Comment

I think not....but lets se how the batteries will hold up....it will take a couple of months or at leat a year to work out all the glithes to the charges and runtime to make it work more better then the Ni-Mh batteries.

Comment

Packers,

Seems to me you are mad at the world for your lot in life. Would you say that GM went belly up if Ford bought them just so they could compete with the Asian car companies? I don't think so.

As a happy user of Milwaukee tools, I'm delited to say that Milwaukee makes all of their impact wrenches, circular saws, and sawzalls, including cordless models of the afore mentioned in the US. B&D(Porter Cable, Dewalt, Delta) are all beinging moved out of the country.

TTI has said that they will leave Milwaukee alone. That is the best thing that TTI could do. Hopefully with TTI Milwaukee will release some new 18volt tools soon.

Comment

v28,

I agree that the best thing TTi could do is support big red and stay out of their way. Atlas Copco was not the best match for Milwaukee.

There is a market for high end made in USA tools. Everyone else has left the field. Milwaukee has also stated on their web site that their customers can expect many new 18v tools to be announced this year. Its my expectation that many of them will be made here.
                    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Just in case any are interested, here's a review on the Milwaukee Tools V28 0730-22 Cordless Saw.....

http://www.toolup.com/CategorySearch...x21956.html%20

Comment

Have you seen the funny commercial they put out for V28?

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/pitstop/index.html

Comment

That was GREAT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumber:
                            v28,

I agree that the best thing TTi could do is support big red and stay out of their way. Atlas Copco was not the best match for Milwaukee.

There is a market for high end made in USA tools. Everyone else has left the field. Milwaukee has also stated on their web site that their customers can expect many new 18v tools to be announced this year. Its my expectation that many of them will be made here.
                            I opened my 3/8" Milwaulkee drill and found the bearings said CHINA as well as the 1/2" drill too. I called teck support and he said it is assembled here but not all the parts are from the USA.
                            There are also a lot of Made in Mexico parts on my '01 f-350 4x4 powerstroke. I know your feelings on China, but it is difficult to REALLY buy any thing all USA anymore. I buy Milwaulkee thinking is all USA b/c is says Made in USA but it is really not.
                            Unless the government does something ,consumers are blind to what really is inside what they are buying, and it is wrong IMHO, to make others fell bad b/c we can not take the tools apart to see where the items are made. And then what if it is not made all here? Do not buy anything? Who knows what made in Taiwan or Japan, etc. really means too?
                            Made in USA is really not in most cases anymore. Better keep those 70's tools in good shape.

Comment

Boy you guys get really emotional over cordless tools. As for Milwaukee I've used them for almost 40-years and you'd have to go a long way to beat them. I own the 18 volt Milwaukee tools and have been really happy with them. I understand the 28 volt tools are said to be the same weight as the 18 volt tools.

As for Milwaukee going belly up because the parent company makes a business decision is laughable. I suppose the next time one of us sells our home for a profit it's because we're close to bankruptcy. In the grown up world we make grown up decisions and a corporation is no different.

Milwaukee had sales close to half a billion dollars in 2003 which isn’t bad for a tool company with 2000 employees. I sure wish my business was that “belly-up”

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

For a manufacturer to be able to stamp "Made in America" on their product requires a very high %content of American parts be used. Harley-Davidsons have not said "Made in America" for a long time yet everyone conciders them to still be "Made in America".

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X