X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pneumatic nailers?

I read a post on woodnet that says Ridgid is set to release a full line of nail guns this summer. Perhaps they'll put out a combo set to compete with PC and Bostitch?

Unless they come out with a pancake compressor also I doubt if they could compete with the PC and Bostitch combos price wise with their existing line of compressors.

A combo kit consisting of a crown stapler, 18ga brand nailer and a 15ga angled finish nailer would be a good idea.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Guess it really begs the issue-----WHY??? If they come out with a package (good as the PC deal with 2 nailers?) and the price it in the same ballpark-----WHY would you buy one????? I've had nothing but great performance from my PC combo kit----it's not like there are a flock of disappointed people just drooling at the prospect of another mfg. putting out a combo kit.

Then, since we know nailers eventually need rebuilding----would Ridgid actually have parts available????
      Dave

Comment

If I can say one thing about the fergdude its that he never ceases to amaze me. It must be obvious to all by now that dave has a grasp of the unknown future that none of us can ever hope to possess. Can't you at least wait until the product has hit the shelves before you start trashing it?

Dude, will ya PM me the winning Power Ball numbers, I'm running a little short of cash? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well, isn't that typical----trash the person and don't comment on what was actually said. But then, I suppose you're also going to deny that Ridgid has had a poor track record providing parts---which is the only negative comment I actually made! Now, if I wanted to be as nasty as you, I could call you a house schill for Ridgid---but I'm not going to be as inpolite as you are.

Predicting the future???? No, but for those with eyes actually open, you might remember that Ridgid introduced an entire line of hand power tools, falling into pretty much average prices of brands with long track records----no new design features---just more of the same.
          Dave

Comment

The wife and I were watching one of these fix up shows on TV, I think it was "In A Fix". They use a lot of the new Ridgid tools on that show. Could have been "While You Were Out". Anyway, they were using a brad nailer that I never got a good look at but it had a grip that was the now familiar Ridgid/Home Depot orange! I noticed it real quick.

[ 02-16-2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

George---also noticed it on the new episodes of Hometime.
              Dave

Comment

Ok I'm the House Schill .

I have to kindly disagree with Daveferg. The corded power tools from Germany were made by the makers of Metabo and their "pulse" drill won a performance award. http://www.ridgid.com/news/PulseDrillAward.pdf

The new set of 18volt tools had one of the fastest charge times of any tools out there at the time it went to market. Lets not forget about dual port charging to speed up your productivity. Hey I still like what I got.

[ 02-17-2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: paul v. ]

Comment

Back to the air guns ,I use paslode brand most of the time they are made in orange to they come in every thing from framing to finish nailers. They work off CO'2 cells and batterys I'll get about 1000 shots from a cell There not as tough as a Bostitch But there are no hose lines in your way.

Be safe out there folks.
                  Bob B

[ 02-19-2005, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
                  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                  Be safe out there folks
                  Bob B
                  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Paul V.---as to anything new---wasn't aware of the pulse drive on the Metabos----they sure didn't point it out. As to the charger---well, while glad you weren't stuck with a bad one, their chargers and batteries certainly had more than their share of complaints. Again--as to nothing new---my Makitas have never taken longer to charge than I could wear out the next battery.

Bob---occassionaly seen that type----I can certainly think of situations where it would be helpful.
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bob bridgewater:
                      ...paslode brand most of the time they are made in orange ...
                      Bob B
                      These I saw were not Paslode. I am familiar with what those look like. The ones I saw on TV I haven't seen anywhere before. And, just about every tool used on the aforementioned shows are brands that Home Depot stocks as Home Depot is the prime sponsor.

Off the subject, on the same episode in which I saw the brad nailer, there was a guy using the TS2400LS job site table saw with a stacked dado on it. The blade tilted on the arbor and ruined his work. They didn't say why it happened but after reading all the stuff about problems using stacked dados on the new stationary table saw I had to wonder.
                      But I'm pretty sure he just got in a hurry and didn't tighten it down properly.

[ 02-18-2005, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

Equally scary---you reminded me----on the Hometime episode, Dean Johnson was also use a 2400---for dados---and the idiot didn't even have an insert in place--of any kind. That moron on DIY is supposed to be his brother---maybe Dean has been taking lessons in unsafe behavior.
                        Dave

Comment

On that episode when the Dado shifted and messed up the piece. They stated that wrong. The idiot operating the saw didn't lock the arbor tilt and he ruined the piece and set himself up for a possible injury.
                          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Well, unlocked bevel or no insert----both are pretty poor examples to be showing on TV, to a bunch of amateurs who might not know better.
                            Dave

Comment

I knew he had to do something stupid in a hurry. I see a lot of stupid things on all those shows. I guess they don't want to look "uncool" on TV. Yeah, they'll think "uncool" one day.

Man you got to respect those things. I know my limitations. Sometimes I'll start getting in too big a hurry and taking unsafe shortcuts and I have to stop myself, tell myself to slow down and do it right. And I know when I get too tired to operate the tools safely to turn it off and call it a day.

I remember many years ago my Father was improperly feeding a piece on his table saw. He was ripping a narrow piece. I can't remember if he had is blade guard on my I do remember is seldom kept it on. Anyway, he split the end digit of his thumb right down the middle. He was lucky because they saved it but it looked funny from then on.

When he went to the emergency room an old friend of his was in the ER too and had just layed his hand open between the thumb and forefinger with a circular saw. My Father passed away Christmas of '83 from a heart attack. The guy my Mother is dating now is a framer. He recently shortened a finger with a circular saw after working too long and fast all day.

If I'm to0 tired or I just don't "have game" that day (making too many mistakes) I walk away from those meat eaters!

Did you see in the news recently about the guy who shot hiself through the mouth with a nail gun? Don't know how he did it and he didn't even know what happened it went in so fast. He kept complaining about a tooth ache for several days and finally went to the dentist. They took an x-ray and found, I think, a 3" nail driven straight up the roof of his mouth!

Comment

Working...
                              X