Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Makita LXT Lithium Powered Tools...thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita LXT Lithium Powered Tools...thoughts?

Has anyone had a chance to try out Makita's new LXT line of lithium powered tools? I was thinking about picking up their new combo kit tomorrow.

If you have had a chance to look at these or better yet, use them, let me know.

Thanks

ckeck,

I have read personal reviews on another site that were generally positive. Have not seen any negative reports on them so far.
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

ALL IS CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!! I bought mine yesterday and it is just AMAZING! They are so light with ALOT of power! The Impact alone, makes the kit...it weighs only 3lbs. under 1400in. lbs. of torgue. The Hammer drill is sweet, it has 560 in. lbs. of torgue. The cordless circ. you can bevel up to 50 degrees. I love my kit and I would highly recommend it to everyone! I mean, the 2 drills that conme in the combo kit total almost $700.00 by itself! Oh also, I almost forgot...You get a free recip saw with it. I have mine already sent out!
      Only $629.00.......by it, you will LOVE IT!
      Check it out...

www.makitatools.com

Comment

Already did, bought it yesterday too! They look and feel great - and I cannot believe how light they are.

I love the LEDs on them too...can't wait to break these babys in.

Great so far, and like Packers said, if you buy this kit make sure to send in the rebate for your recip saw!

Comment

You guys are giving me an inferiority complex about my recently purchased Makita 14.4V impact driver featuring humdrum yesteryear technology 2.6Ah NI-MH batteries. Congratulations on your new tools, which appear to be awesome, if I made my living with tools I would have to seriously consider purchasing them.

Woodslayer

Comment

Someone else may know,
            Is there a color choice in the U.S.?

[ 11-03-2005, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: jaco ]

Comment

Originally posted by woodslayer:
              You guys are giving me an inferiority complex about my recently purchased Makita 14.4V impact driver featuring humdrum yesteryear technology 2.6Ah NI-MH batteries. Congratulations on your new tools, which appear to be awesome, if I made my living with tools I would have to seriously consider purchasing them.

Woodslayer
              Go ahead and get them...I don't make a living with tools...in fact, now I need to find something to do with them...damn OCD

Comment

Originally posted by jaco:
                Someone else may know,
                Is there a color choice in the U.S.?
                No color choice @ my local HD. I love the black/blue but would rather have black/red...

Comment

jaco-

yes there is a color choice.......but over seas for right now. soon real soon! If you call makita they will say only international has them. I hope soon as well, I like the diff. colors!

Comment

Looking at the picture of the recip saw it looks like the handle may swivel off angle from the body/blade. Is that true or is it only a design element?

I was ready to jump on the Ridgid combo, especially with the lifetime service, but the run time on the Makita, and the increased oomph factor sound pretty sweet.

(I have a 10% off and a $129 gift cert to HD, so the Makita combo will be under my $500 limit)

[ 11-06-2005, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: ooman2 ]

Comment

Has anyone had any problems with the batteries getting hot with the Makita lithium-ion? One of our guys was using it continously and the battery got real hot. I thought that lithium was not suppose to have any of these problems.
                      Unless you are the lead Dog, the scenery does not change...

Comment

I know they get warm, like most other batteries, but mine have never gotten HOT...thats strange. He needs to get another set.

Comment

ooman2,

I found this info off the Makita Website,
                          no mention of handle movement...
                          LXT Lithium-Ion battery and optimum charging system produces 280% more lifetime work with 2x more cycles
                          Makita built, D35 high torque motor delivers 50% faster cutting with a 1-1/8" stroke that cuts 2,900 SPM
                          Compact design at only 19-5/8" length and weighs only 8.1 lbs. for less operator fatigue
                          Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
                          LXT Lithium-Ion provides longer run time, 5x lower self-discharge (for use any time) and 16 firm holding contact terminals (for constant high power)
                          45-minute Optimum Charger and battery communicates throughout the charging process using the built-in chip in the battery and built-in CPU chip in the charger. The Charger also uses “Active 3 Control" for current control, thermal control & voltage control
                          45-minute Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery to produce more lifetime work
                          Two built-in L.E.D. lights for more illuminated work
                          One-handed, fast tool-less blade changes and shoe adjustments
                          Retractable sky hook for hanging on rafters
                          Two-piece armature and field along with externally accessible brushes for serviceability and longer motor life

Comment

You guys should look at this. http://www.v28power.com/flash.htm

Comment

I bought the makita 18v lith impacter before they hit the depot. I can say so far it is very impressive, The self discharge rate is at least 50% better than the NMH batteries. The power and
                              speed is on par with the 14.4v not much more.

The run time seems to be equall to 18v tools.

The size weight and ergos are the best I have ever seen from a 18v tool. looks like we have a winner here.

Comment

Working...
                              X