Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said in another post: I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot, but I likely know more about both than someone who works for either. Believe me if you want, dismiss me if you want. There will be a Ridgid router, it will be a combo (2 or 3 base, I don't know but I would lean towards 3 just because Ridgid always trys to one-up the current top brand by offering just a little more, but at less price to take market share), and it will be $199. Release date? Who knows. What else do you want to know? Ridgid 18V drill + jigsaw combo for $229 coming soon? Check your store in a few months.
    I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

36volt:
      Any chance the Router combo will be 18v? Better yet, any chance for an 18v Angle Grinder?
      Elvin

Comment

I don't think a cordless angle grinder would have much run time, you're limited by the capacity of the battery (not voltage, but Amp-Hours). A grinder works pretty hard (high current draw) and I would think it would drain a battery fairly quickly. Still, I guess they would have a place where the limited cordless runtime would be useful, NASA probably has one that costs us taxpayers $5000 and runs for 10 minutes between chargings.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 01-09-2006, 07:18 AM.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

metabo-ridgid

Can someone out there tell me why i am reading old post on my computer. there is a post from me on here from 2003 that i just read (2006)under my name Jon. i have not posted under that name for awile since i lost my password and had to redo every thing.

Comment

I'm in a sarcastic mood this mornin'

It would appear that old posts never die. They don't even fade away.
            As for why you are reading it, I don't have an answer. I would think that since you wrote it, you would already know what it says.
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Originally posted by thermokitty
              36volt:
              Any chance the Router combo will be 18v? Better yet, any chance for an 18v Angle Grinder?
              Elvin
              18V router? No chance. I would doubt an angle grinder. It will be interesting to see how the Ni-Cd and Li-Ion markets emerge. Won't be long until the 18V stuff from all compnaies is dust in the wind.
              I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Originally posted by john chiclowe
                Can someone out there tell me why i am reading old post on my computer. there is a post from me on here from 2003 that i just read (2006)under my name Jon. i have not posted under that name for awile since i lost my password and had to redo every thing.

Maybe it has to do with the change in forum software.

Lorax, don't posts rot away?
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

They do eventually die

Looks like you can go back 500 posts per member. Anything beyond that must die of old age.
                  Lorax

Comment

Wrong again!

Originally posted by Lorax
                    Looks like you can go back 500 posts per member. Anything beyond that must die of old age.
                    Or maybe I was right the first time. Old posts never die they just go to the Archives!

Down in the lower right hand corner of the page there is an ARCHIVE link.
                    Looks like you can go all the way back to day 1.
                    Lorax

Comment

Working...
                    X