X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard case for Recip. Saw and Light/Batteries

Many of you are interested in hard cases so I thought I'd pass this along. I posted it before but it was apparently lost in the server snafu.

The large Craftsman truck box (#65114) is a good size to hold the reciprocating saw with very minor modification. The second picture below shows the detail. I heated the inside of the lid slightly with a propane torch and closed the top down with the RS inside to create the dent. If you aren't comfortable melting plastic with a torch you could trim a notch with a knife, file, or saw. With the flashlight and a battery everything fits so tight it can't shift. You could also store 3 batteries. The dual charger will not fit.

Disclaimer: I did not research all the cases available and pick the best one. I just happened to have one of these that I wasn't using much so I thought I'd try it. It was about 10 years old, but the new ones on Sears.com appear to be identical (including part number). PLEASE very the new case will fit before you modify it. Modifications that prevent you from returning it are obviously at your own risk.

Thanks for taking the time to repost that.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
    X