Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. Ridgid, Workbench Magazine has named the DeWalt cordless vac one of the top 10 Innovative Tool Awards. There obviously is a market for this. Please come out with a $100 vacuum like DeWalt did. There is an interest in this. anyone who does drywall repair like i did this weekend realizes the need to clean up drywall dust without dragging out my 16 gallon CRAFTSMAN!!

caspian

Comment

Re: 18V cordless vacuum?

Would be good for bugs in a trailer while camping when lights go on at night

Comment

Originally posted by jramstead View Post
        Would be good for bugs in a trailer while camping when lights go on at night
        It has many uses. this is old old thread, but i have the 24/18 volt one and use every other day. There are a few old tools that need refreshed like the vac and jigsaw

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
          It has many uses. this is old old thread, but i have the 24/18 volt one and use every other day. There are a few old tools that need refreshed like the vac and jigsaw
          What is the part number of that vacuum? The only one I have seen was a Ryobi with a Ridgid base epoxied to the arse end of it.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
            Are you saying that you have a cordless ridgid vac? I've never seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
              This would be excellent for home use and on the field. Having 2 big dogs and hardwood floors, i am constantly using my upright vacuum. it would be nice to be able to do more frequent smaller vacuuming jobs of the trouble areas (under the coffee table and corners).
              We have the cordless Dyson. Our situation is similar to yours: 2 dogs, 2 cats, and Saltillo tile floors. It's great for when you see a fur ball fly across the floor and you don't want to break out the upright.

Makita also makes a cordless "dustbuster", although I don't own one.

We keep a Ryobi hand vac in the master bath for quick clean ups, and I also keep one in my shop for small stuff. But for the house, the Dyson is my top pick.

Comment

Originally posted by A.T. View Post
                Are you saying that you have a cordless ridgid vac? I've never seen one.
                yes, WD2450 3 gal cordless. It rules, only flaw to me is should have cord also like dewalt.

Comment

Looks pretty cool! It only runs 16 minutes on a 24V battery however.

WD2450 Wet/Dry Vac - RIDGID Professional Tools

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                    Looks pretty cool! It only runs 16 minutes on a 24V battery however.

WD2450 Wet/Dry Vac - RIDGID Professional Tools

are there significantly better times than that with other battery operated shop-vacs?

Comment

I have the dewalt cordless/corded 18v/120 shop vac and it will eat a battery in just a few minutes. I have another 18v dewalt handheld vac that lasts longer but its only good for very small clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        I have the dewalt cordless/corded 18v/120 shop vac and it will eat a battery in just a few minutes. I have another 18v dewalt handheld vac that lasts longer but its only good for very small clean up.
                        dont think any last much longer. One other cool feature of RIDGID cordless vac that i dont think anyone else has, fits 2 1/2 and 1 7/8 hoses not the crappy 1 1/2" hose.

Comment

I found one! Its on Ebay right now!

RIDGID CORDLESS 18V OR 24V WET/DRY VAC AND (2) 18 VOLT LiIon BATTERIES | eBay

Last edited by masterbeavis; 09-28-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X