X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V cordless vacuum?

i tried a search on the "what's new" section and came up blank while searching for cordless vacuum.

are there any plans to make a vacuum that runs off the 18V packs?

This would be excellent for home use and on the field. Having 2 big dogs and hardwood floors, i am constantly using my upright vacuum. it would be nice to be able to do more frequent smaller vacuuming jobs of the trouble areas (under the coffee table and corners).

Caspian

not at this time.

Comment

I think DeWalt came out with one. Have not seen it at my Home Depot yet. If they did you can bet they probally put a patent on that like they do everything else

Comment

they have the dewalt at the home depot here. it looks nice but they won't give me a lifetime warrenty, so i'll pass.

i would think there's a creative way around a patent. that's what the lawyers get paid the big bucks for. sort of like there are multiple companies out there with radio chargers.

caspian

p.s. am i the only one who thinks this would be a good accessory?

Comment

A cordless vacuum would not be very high on my "Things To Waste Money On" list.

[ 12-09-2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Caspian-DeWalt is the only company that I know of with a radio-charger. The Milwaukee radio is just that-a radio that runs off a battery but won't charge one.
            But yes, I would love to see Ridgid come out with a lot of things-like an impact driver, right angle drill, cut off tool, etc. But an 18 VOLT (not 12 or 14) impact driver would be first on my wish list.The compact kind-not the lug nut kind. It is an incredible tool, almost makes the drill obsolete!

Comment

If we're making our Christmas lists, where's the cordless impact driver? 18V so I don't have to keep track of yet another battery....

Comment

Who else has a radio that charges batteries? I'm pretty sure DeWALT is the only one.

Comment

Radio charging batteries? Sounds interesteing. I'm not familiar with this, I have seen the DeWalt radio though. Charge tool batteries or just radio's batteries?

Please elaborate.

Thanks
                  Jake

Comment

The DeWalt radio charger is just that-it charges the 7.2 to 18 volt batteries while it is plugged in. If you un plug it, it will play off the battery left in it's "charger".A really slick idea.

Comment

CCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL!!!!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Black & Decker now has a radio/chager that comes with an 18v Fire-Storm for $99.00. Keep in mind B&D owns DeWalt, and they hold a patent on radios that can charge batteries. Also,did anyone get Pep-Boys flyer on Sunday? They are selling a Job Site radio that is exactly like Milwaukees only its not RED it's GREY and the battery goes in the back not the front. Other than that all the same features for $65.00.

Comment

having a simmilar delima.. i install burg/fire alarms as well as do full home automation. the vac would be a real help on the site (the company reqires a have one anyhow. this weekend i went to go get the 4pc DeWalt set at H-D and saw the ridgid i was told allot about the ridgid by the salesman and since the sale was 3 day only i bought both one has to go back but which one???
                          i am used to the DeWalt have used them for years and have all the chargers or batteries i need. what realy are the differences good and bad on both sets? i like the hard case as well as the vac and the fact that i get a free radio but i also like the ridgid skill saw that has a metal gaurd vs. plastic i have less than 30 days to decide or the credit card will hit please help...
                          and if ridgid is going to come out with a vac system then that cinches the choice a lifetime waranty plus other benifits

deadline 30 days and counting....

Comment

Originally posted by lasombrant:
                            and if ridgid is going to come out with a vac system then that cinches the choice a lifetime waranty plus other benifits

deadline 30 days and counting....
                            i doubt ridgid will have one out in 30 days, so i'd stick with DeWalt for the vacuum.

i don't know if DeWalt has a depth gauge on the back of the circular saw but Ridgid does. i found this really helpful this weekend when i had to cut away some drywall for plumbing. i set the saw to 1/2 inch and cut out a nice square section.

caspian

Comment

thanks caspian
                              the dewalt dewalt does not have one. i am going back and fourth with this the ridgid seems the way to go realy. the 30 days is not for them to come out with it luckaly it's to return the set i decide not to get. i bought both this weekend to check them out. on has to go back. btw do you know anything about the chuck on the deWalt? it seems to want to cock the bit out of center when locking down...

Comment

Working...
                              X