X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Air Tool Line

I've heard through the vine that Ridgid is coming out with a line of air nailers etc. I didn't see anything on this website. Does anyone know anthing about this?

yes they are. I saw some of them at the wood show in toronto and wood magaine has the ridgid r213bna in their 18 guage brad nailer test group. It did well but porter BN200 took top spot.

Comment

Thanks Wbrooks...it will be interesting to check them out.

Comment

Generally, I don't put a whole lot of stock in magazine reviews. However, in this case, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to compare the differences in brad nailers. None of the test results indicated to me that the Ridgid R213BNA was worth 30% more money, $130 vs $100, than the Porter-Cable BN200A which was judged the overall winner of the 11 brad nailers tested. It can't be because of it's oilless feature, the Bostitch is also oilless and it sells for $95.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I would agree with your observation. I wouldn't see any good reason to buy it with that much of a price difference unless there are some features that would put it way over the others (doesn't sound like it though). My guess they will have to adjust their price to the market. I already own a porter cable finish gun and a bostitch roofing gun. Both of which work very well.

Comment

You have to agree that there were no LOW POINTS indicated in the review!

Comment

TTI Guy,

I would agree that there were no low points, but the price premium is a little hard to take. I think most people don't mind paying the top dollar for tools particularly when they have a long history. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my TP1300, BS1400, TS2400, 5" Orbital sander and professional shop vac. It just seems that there is a bit of premium on these tools. Once they start getting used, we'll know soon enough if the premium is worth it. I truly hope they are!!!!

Bob

Comment

The Home Depot in Encinitas, Ca, has a display with the full line
                up. Each one seems to be decent in finish as Magnesium is used
                for most of the body and the usual orange and black finish highlights. Weight seems to be on the norm and good balance
                and feel in the hand. Behind the display is a large cardboard
                banner that reads "LIFETIME WARRANTY" hence the slightly built in higher price?

Jaco

Comment

The Home Depot in Portland, Maine had a display set up this evening. They sure do look nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X