No announcement yet.

Lithium batteries?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just attended a Milwaukee tool show yesterday. We were able to use these 28v Lithium tools and all I could say was WOW. There is not anything like these on the planet. They also have a new corded sawzall out that is unbelievable in its smoothness and cutting power and speed. I am going to buy the new corded sawzall at 7:30 am tomorrow when the the supply house opens up. Their new super hawg drill will also be gracing my truck.
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

JON,

What Makita tools have Lithium Ion batteries? I have just completed a google search and came up empty?

Comment

Plumber, sorry about that i was mistaken,i was rubbed the wrong way by smarta$$ and the way he answers people. makita came out with the first nickel-metal hydride battery. had to post under new name cause i am posting from work.
        A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Noj,

No problem partner. New power tool technology is exploding faster than ever and its easy to mix them up. Anyone who says they've never made a mistake is mistaken. You could write a book chapter with mine.

Comment

Jon....I'm not arrogant, I am just a smart a$$, personal stabs don't work with me. Being a smart a$$ is just in my blood.

If I have ticked anyone off with my somewhat short and abrasive answers.....ummmmmm sorry.

That being said, I am just pointing out the proven and undisputable facts that Milwaukee has LEAPED ahead of all the competition in the field of industrial power tools with the introduction of the V28 line of tools.

If you have any lithium ion battery questions, please fire them my way, I may be a smart a$$, but I know batteries (lithium ion).

Have a nice day.

Comment

SmartA$$,

Makita does make a lithium Ion batteries and tools. Just for the record, it is model number BTD130F. Look it up on the Makita International Web-site...I guess you dont know batteries.......smartA$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Packers just talked to makita needed a breakdown on a tool,so i asked about that model you wrote about.it is a impactdriver that is not out yet.asked about lith,batterys they have prototypes but are not out in the field yet.

Comment

SMARTA$$ nothing personal just had to try to calm you down a little. will agree milw.is about the best made tools outthere excluding the german made .(fien awsome tool high tolorences make them very smooth running and durable but to expensive).so that comment was my bad.(this time).

Comment

chic,
                    I know that...nothing was said if it was available yet...but it will be in the next month along with their new line of cordless...so...again Makita does have Lith-ion. And it is not a proto-type. They have it over in Japan, australia, denamrk, and Netherlands. Another thing to add they all has been using it in the field...

Comment

Hey there Packer, I know you don't like me............I am not on this board to win friends, but you should really read my posts before you comment on them.

Some of you comments make no sense what so ever when they refer to my posts. I know batteries. That is a given. In particular I know Lithium Ion batteries. The fact that I did not know that Makita makes a little 14.4V impact driver powered by lithium ion cells does not mean that I don't know batteries, sorry dude.

An impact driver is a very interesting first application for the implementation of this battery technology.

14.4V makes it a 4 series pack probably 2 parallel 1.5Ah cells (very likely made by Sony).

Not quite the juice of the Milwaukee tools, but a nice start. I will correct my earlier statement and say that they aren't as far behind the BIG RED MONSTER as most of the other competition.

Have a nice day.

[ 06-15-2005, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: SmartA$$ ]

Comment

Hey smart a$$, you seem to have a good backround in battery tech and your enteries have been, well admusing. What is your trade. What is your woodworking interests. Care to share.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartA$$:

The circuitry in lithium ion packs is to prevent over charge (which causes the very bad lithium plating condition that you mentioned),
                          The cells used in the Milwaukee V28 batteries are Manganese (Mn2O4) based "Spinel" lithium ion. This cathode material does not contain excess lithium ions like Cobalt and Mixed Oxide based lithium ion chemistries. An overcharged Spinel cell will not plate-out lithium and is thus inherently safer than other chemistries. BG

Comment

he, he, he, he, thanx battery guy! LOL!

Comment

Actually packers you wrote earlier that your teal company has had lithium for quite awhile and were ahead of everybody, now you turn around and write that they arent out yet. So which is it? I am not sure what your are chuckling about but youve made yourself look a bit silly. Milwaukee has been working on theirs for 9 years. They have a whole line of tools released and recieved many, many awards from independent testers and magazines. Please show one test of Makitas lithium tools recorded by an independent source. Just one.

Comment

Plumber-

yes, I did say that Makita does make Lihium. And they are available over seas. But I never said that we could get them here....yet that is. Now, you said that my teal company? Now I work for Makita? I would show you a review if I could get one...but I dont live over sea's! I have been told they will be here sometime in the next few months. Also, where did you read that Milwaukee has been testing and researching the lithiums for 9 years? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT! Also, dont believe everything you read.....I think that we all know that!

Comment

Working...
                                X