X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Manufacturer, Soooo.... Not Off Topic

First off, all you "proffesional" contractors can ignore this post. I am writing this for the average homeowner/ handyman like myself. I bought myself the Ryobi 8 piece cordless 18v tool set for Christmas a little early. Have had a chance to check out and use most of the set. The Drill, Vacuum, and Jig saw work great, I had some remodeling to finish in the laundry room and gave them a good work out. I took the Reciprocating saw on a job with me Thursday and it worked flawlessly for cutting angle iron 38' up in the air. Beats the He77 out of using extension cords.The 5 1/2" circular saw worked flawlessly on 1/4", 3/4' Oak plywood and on some 1/2" MDF. It came with a carbide tipped blade. I have not tried the Stud Finder, Flashlight, or Chain Saw yet, but I have a good feeling about the chainsaw. Ryobi uses some other tool manufacturers to make some of their products and I noticed the bottle of bar oil that came in the set has a Homelite label on it. Big Grin Will update as further use arises, but Ryobi does make a good tool for homeowners and hobbiest. IMHO. The only downside to this set is the batteries take an hour to charge. The set comes with 2 batteries and I bought an extra two pack for $38. I bought this set for $249, but a couple days later they started the 20 percent off sale for cordless sets and when I told them I would just bring it back and buy another new set they gave me a refund for the sale difference.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Papadan,

Thanks for the very nice review of these tools, very much appreciated.

I bought a couple of Ryobi tools about the second week in December. My local store had only a couple of these and I figured if they repeated the 20% sale from last year, I'd miss out. I did check with the store manager and HD does have a 30-day price protection plan, so you are protected if the tool goes on sale after you make your purchase. Just thought you might want to know.

Too bad they didn't repeat the 20% sale like they did last year for all the power tools.

CWS

Comment

BTW, Ryobi ownes and makes Homelite!

Comment

Ryobi does make some great cordless tools and the wide slection of tool types is enough to make you poop yourself. I looked at Ryobi before buying Ridgid but I am thinking about getting the Ryobi Combo for my round-the-house projects.
        The cordless chainsaw bows me over especially...that's just tool cool.

[ 12-30-2004, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: swhalen ]

Comment

I have the Ridgid 18v 3/8 drill and would never take anything for it. I use it at home and work ALL the time. I just can not justify buying all Ridgid or any other major brand of cordless for around the house and shop. I use mt ridgid in my woodworking but like to have 2 so I am not changing back and forth between drilling and screw driving. I had an older 14.4 v that was stolen out of my truck, then made a major mistake. I went and bought the Black and Decker 14.4v drill, Now that is a piece of CRAP. LOL
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan:
            I have the Ridgid 18v 3/8 drill and would never take anything for it. I use it at home and work ALL the time. I just can not justify buying all Ridgid or any other major brand of cordless for around the house and shop. I use mt ridgid in my woodworking but like to have 2 so I am not changing back and forth between drilling and screw driving. I had an older 14.4 v that was stolen out of my truck, then made a major mistake. I went and bought the Black and Decker 14.4v drill, Now that is a piece of CRAP. LOL
            hey papadan, let's keep going on about how great cordless tools are to aggravate Badgerdave. He and I have a long running joke about cordless tools. I am for them and own most of what ridgid makes-Drill, Recip Saw, Circ. Saw, Planer, Jigsaw, etc.. and he opposes them.
            Badgerdave if you see this post-print it off and tape it to your monitor. Are you ready???

here it goes.
            Cordless tools are the best!
            [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Good morning BadgerDave. When is someone going to come out with a portable 18v TS?

Comment

Originally posted by papadan:
                Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Good morning BadgerDave. When is someone going to come out with a portable 18v TS?
                Nice one, Papadan. keep it going.Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! x Infinity.
                I hear they are coming out with cordless table saw next year. It will need 10 19.9v batteries to saw through one 2x4. Small price to pay for the convenience. Right, Papadan? wink wink lol

Comment

Originally posted by swhalen:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by papadan:
                  Nice one, Papadan. keep it going.Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! Cordless tools are the best! x Infinity.
                  I hear they are coming out with cordless table saw next year. It will need 10 19.9v batteries to saw through one 2x4. Small price to pay for the convenience. Right, Papadan? wink wink lol
                  </font>[/QUOTE]Awright, can hardly wait. Oh and CORDLESS TOOLS ARE THE BEST. LOL

Comment

Papadan,I have already pre-ordered one to send to Badgerdave....hehehehehe.

Oh yea, ......Cordless tools are the best!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X