Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any new cordless power tools coming out ???

hey,
    is there any new stuff coming out any time soon from ridgid. like maybe a light weight cordless impact drill, or battery charging CD playing radio, or maybe a hand aw like the one from panasonic. i would like any info on the subject please.
    thanks for any returns

I have called Ridgid a couple of times to ask them about the development of a portable radio. I have made suggestions. I own an entire woodworking shop of Ridgid tools and battery operated Ridgid tools. I would like to buy a shop radio that uses the same batteries as my tools. I like the options on the Bosch radio. The only thing the Bosch needs is to have the CD player play MP3's. I would hope that Ridgid would take a look at this and make a few improvements like they usually do and get it to the market quickly. It would not make a difference if they made an announcement about this product others already have them on the market

Comment

Two words for Ridgid/Ryobi: Impact Driver!

Comment

I'll second the impact driver.. 18V for me please

Comment

I'll third that notion I want a cordless impact gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18v that matches my 4pc. combo set...

AND I WANTED IT YESTERDAY!!!!!

Comment

Wes: The Bosch Job Site radio DOES play MP3 encoded cd's which is a huge plus for workers who don't want to be changing cd's every hour while they work all day.

And as for a cordless Impact Driver I hope ridgid comes out with it but as it being 18V i highly hope it is but not sure it will be. Most cordless impact drivers you see are less than 18V. The DeWalt is 14.4V and the makitia is only 12V but thier power would fool you.

Comment

Cellardoor:

DeWalt has an 18v because it is in my Garage as we speak

Comment

Ridgid - If you build one, make it with a drill mode. I tried another brand and I like the compact size and bit holder. I always use speedlock style drill bits anyway. Essentially these things seem like nothing more than a drill with a fixed clutch setting and no chuck. Leaving the drill mode in shouldn't cost much and would increase the utility of the tool.

Comment

How about any new cordless tool . Jigsaw , Impact driver , Router , Zipsaw , Radio , Anything . Or is this line of tools dead ?

Comment

Keep your eyes open. Within the next month or two you'll are going to see a bunch of new tools from Ridgid(can't tell what they are-sworn to secrecy). As an employee of Ridgid(T.T.I.) I can tell you this is only the beginning of what's to come.

Comment

Just got a listing from TTI for a bunch of new impact drivers. Both corded and cordless. I forgot the info at work, but I'll get the model numbers out asap

Comment

MAKITA does have more impacts on the market than anyone else. They have close to 50 cordless impacts everything from 9.6v to 24 volts...buy the makita if you want the impacts!! CANT GO WRONG!! Have close to 10 makita impacts...I work in the pits for race cars and build decks for a living!

Comment

Working...
                        X