X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am behind the times...

I was not aware that delta/porter cable are merging with black and decker/dewalt.

this could be GOOD, and this could be BAD.

will have to wait and see.

Ed
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

It may or may not be a bad thing, but it is certainly not a good thing.
    I've dealt with PC service in person and on the phone. They were always great. I don't look forward to the merger.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I called Delta about two weeks ago to ask for a "name plate" (label) that didn't come with my Delta planer. They were very helpful and sent it free of charge in about a week.....I did a double take when I noticed that the box was marked "DeWalt", but then remembered about the B&D aquisition.

Comment

In the same acquisition B&D also bought DeVilbiss and Oldham from Pentair.

Personally, I don't think its going to make any difference at all except for maybe some minor changes. B&D, DeWalt, Porter-Cable and Delta all pretty much have their own individual personalities when it comes to the type of tools they make. If there is a conflict it probably will be with some of tools in the DeWalt and Porter-Cable brands as they offer many of the same types of tools. They also are geared more towards the high performance user than the B&D line is.

As with most things in life, time will tell. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

B&D already closed the PC plant in Tennesse, and the Bosch/Vermont American plant in KY. Gone overseas.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
          X