No announcement yet.

Jig Saw's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plumer rick as much as i hate saying this,and trust me i do hate saying this you are 100% right.the only thing i had right was the theroy and only based as you stated on a 100v system.but what do i know i am just a dumb carpenter,but smart enough to admit that i was wrong i did have to reserch it frist.god i hate being wrong .......... any way if any one needs me i will be standing in the corner with my dunce hat on
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OLDSLOWCHEVY, IT'S OK, I WOULD'NT HAVE QUESTIONED IT UNLESS I KNEW I WAS RIGHT. I HATE BEING WRONG JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DO! BUT NOTHING IS AS BAD AS BEING WRONG WHILE YOUR WIFE IS RIGHT.
      BY THE WAY MY WIFE WROTE THIS LAST COMMENT. SHE THINKS I SPEND TOO MUCH TIME WITH MY CYBER FRIENDS?

Comment

As far as the Hilti tools are concerned, If they are as good as their cordless drills then I will be very interested in looking at them. There are very few tools in Hilti's lineup that aren't top notch.
        Jeff

Comment

HILTI jigsaws???

Come on.!

Comment

Re: Jig Saw's

I was looking at the Hilti 750 at HD the other day. Hilti also makes the 850.

Anyone have any exprience or opinions about these since they were introduced.

At $200, the Hilti is significantly less expensive than a Festool, though I'd love to have one a Festool jig saw!

Comment

Amps ratings just let you know how much current the power tool is using. If a tool's motor and mechanics are poorly designed or manufactured it will not produce the same amount of work as a toll of the same amps ratings that is well designed and manufactured. The lesser quality tool will produce the un wanted wasted energy of friction(heat). If two tools are made equally well and one has a higher rating that tool should produce more work. If someone eats a lot it does not necessarily mean they will work harder.
              A short-circuit produces maximum current(for a while)!

Comment

I got so involved BSing I forgot to say that I have used Hilti Hammer drills on the job and the preformed extremely well.

Comment

Whoever posted about current consumption and marketing playing with UL ratings was right. 6 amp jig saw can exert higher pull force on the blade than a 8 amp saw, if the latter was rated "max" and the former as "nominal" by marketing dept. It all comes down to motor torque and efficiency. Take the amp rating with a grain of salt. You guys all sound like you are cutting concrete with them. If your blade binds in your 5 amp jigsaw, a bazillion amp jigsaw won't help you. Get the proper blade and/or change your cutting technique, or even use a different tool.

That being said, I love my Dewalt DC330

but I'm sad, because I'm selling it and getting a DC308

I had a makita LXT cordless one, but wasn't impressed with the plexiglas blade change lever...

Comment

Just wanted to give an update that I bought the Hilti750 at HD. It's been a very solid and useful tool for cutting 3/4-1" thick ply. I've also been able to do an impressive amount of free hand rounded corners on pine.

Everything about the tool feels and acts very solid.

Comment

Working...
                    X