Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Jig Saw?

Hello,

Just received my 4 piece combination cordless set from Home Depot (ordered online).....am also in the market for a cordless jig saw for home use and would like to stick with one brand...is this something Ridgid is coming out with in the future?

Also purchased the 12 inch mitre saw....great looking tools, look forward to using them a long time.

Thank you,

Chris Stewart
    Portsmouth, NH

Originally posted by jleemtb:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by cstewart77:
    Hello,

Just received my 4 piece combination cordless set from Home Depot (ordered online).....am also in the market for a cordless jig saw for home use and would like to stick with one brand...is this something Ridgid is coming out with in the future?

Also purchased the 12 inch mitre saw....great looking tools, look forward to using them a long time.

Thank you,

Chris Stewart
    Portsmouth, NH
    Chris,

Production plans for a Pro 18V Cordless Jig Saw are scheduled for mid July.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Where does this info come from?

Comment

OK, so it's now early August.. Where's the saw?

Comment

$200.00?! I think I'll stick to my Bosch corded. I don't use a jig saw that much anyway.

Comment

I bought the Ryobi 18v for as little as I use a jig saw that needs to be cordless.It was on sale at the time for $50. You can buy them for $70 now either as a kit or less as a bare tool.

I have a 10 y.o. Bosch that is excellent,corded that is.

Comment

Hi,
            Has anyone purchased the 4 piece (R921?) combo kit and submitted the promotion Rigid was offering for a free 18v cordless jigsaw and battery? I recieved the battery but no jigsaw?

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by McKinnonHI:
              Hi,
              .... I recieved the battery but no jigsaw?...
              I wonder how you can prove that?

Comment

if you bought the r921 (which is a 3 tool combo: circ. saw, drill, and flashlight), then the promotion only gets you the free battery....if you had bought the r922 (4 tool combo: with the reciprocating saw) then you would get the cordless jigsaw and battery...

Comment

Originally posted by George:
                  $200.00?! I think I'll stick to my Bosch corded. I don't use a jig saw that much anyway.
                  Your bosch doesn't provide an extra charger and 2 extra batteries that will assist a current combo kit that you already own does it?

apples and oranges then.

The cost of two batteries covers most of the cost of the entire kit, and it's not like we can't use more batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl:
                    ...apples and oranges then...
                    I think I know the difference. I didn't vote for Kerry!!! I had been thinking about purchasing the saw when it was released. However, as I do not make a living cutting woord, I decided that the jig saw kit wasn't worth the expense. I rarely use a jig saw. Don't sound like such a horse's ...!

[ 11-16-2004, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

I'm not sure you understood my point.

Comment

think I know the difference. I didn't vote for Kerry!!! I had been thinking about purchasing the saw when it was released. However, as I do not make a living cutting woord, I decided that the jig saw kit wasn't worth the expense. I rarely use a jig saw. Don't sound like such a horse's ...!

[ 11-16-2004, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: George ]

Well George, it seems you know the difference
                        between good and bad since you did not vote for Kerry.
                        Your choice was bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X