To market or not to market...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To market or not to market...

I have a ten inch portable table saw, similar to TS2400, and was looking for a good stand. I found the one stand I like under the TS2400, sold with TS2400LS, but note that the stand has its own model number, AC 9330, and its own advertising tags that say it can be used with any portable table saw. So the marketing people have set up AC9330 to be sold separately, but I cannot get it, says Home Depot.

Seems to me it should be available separately, just like the similar miter saw stand.

Please tell me it is available and where I can get it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Heffalump

Agree---it would be a good idea. If that stand is as good as their miter saw portable stand or the flip top supports stands, and the new company doesn't start cutting corners, these are all great items. To give you an idea---I was pulling my flip top stand past the side of the workbench, and pulled one of the rubber feet off when it caught on a stretcher----to keep the tube steel from cutting through the rubber foot, they'd installed a washer to distribut the weight----this is real attention to details. I hope they don't cut corners like the have on some other things. I think, even if the portable stand is marketed separately, you'll have to bug HD to carry it. The ones near me have been very bad at stocking things like the flip tops and miter saw stand.
    Dave

Comment

Where are you at, Heffalump? I've had the stand shown here (called the Work-N-Haul Itâ„¢ cart) in stock for months.

Comment

It is a great stand and I have it on a Ryobi BT3000. The HD seem to carry it at times. The only thing I do not like is it has only one pin to lock the leg which makes it more unstable than if it had two. The mount is there but there is no pin. I do not know if you can buy another pin. I would still buy the stand again inspite of that.

Comment

SuperDave,

I appreciate the encouraging replies at this users group. Rather than fight the corporate machine, I am interested in purchasing from you. I sent you a separate email a week or two back, but no reply. Please contact me at tools@forssell.com.

Heffalump
          Heffalump

Comment

My apologies, Heffalump. Comcast thought I deserved a brief hiatus from cable Internet. YGM.

Comment

Working...
            X