Brandman - 14.4 circ saw???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandman - 14.4 circ saw???

Any chance there may be a circular saw that uses the X2 14.4v batteries in the future?
    Alan
    My Shop

Sorry to disappoint, but more than likely not.

Comment

I do believe that those of us w/ 14.4 volt drills might be interested in more stuff in the future.....circular saw, reciprocating saw, even flashlight.

After all, we have batteries, we have a good charger......why not? DeWalt supports their 14.4 volt stuff.

Comment

I may be showing my cordless ignorance but could a 14.4V circular saw be made to have the torque to move that big blade through the material with satisfactory performance?

Comment

Originally posted by George:
          I may be showing my cordless ignorance but could a 14.4V circular saw be made to have the torque to move that big blade through the material with satisfactory performance?
          I can imagine seeing the torque, but only for one or two boards.

Comment

B-D makes a 14.4v cs, but I don't know of any other company (Dewalt is owned by B-D) that do. 14.4v is kind of weak for a saw, but it is OK for small projects.

Comment

Just remember a 14.4 volt saw will never have the power of a 120 volt saw. The only advantage of a 14.4 volt saw is less weight and no cord.

Comment

Sears has a Crafstman 14.4 circ saw too, in a kit with a cordless drill, car vac and hard case. Very inexpensive - $70 on sale if I recall.

I'm usually not a fan of disposable tools but I bought the kit for the cordless saw and mainly to abuse doing demo work on remodeling projects. It is very lightweight but does fine on sheet goods and 2x lumber. The way I'm using it, the size and weight is an advantage. I wouldn't depend on it to frame a house or anything.

I'm actually using the drill more than I had anticipated for much the same reason - less bulky than my 18 V and plenty of power. I screwed down around 200 sq.ft. of fiberock underlayment into old 3/4 diagonal subfloor on a single charge. That's lots of screws with the 8" O.C. spacing.

I know I will probably wear these guys out in months rather than years, but at $70 at least I won’t feel bad if they get crushed by a giant hunk of falling plaster.

Comment

Working...
                X