Limited Lifetime Warranty Offer Has Been Extended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Lifetime Warranty Offer Has Been Extended

On December 15th the decision was made to address consumer demand for the RIDGID power tools and the Limited Lifetime Warranty offer by extending the period to January 31, 2004. The same rules apply as with the always with this promotional offer. This provides you with extra time to take advantage of this great offer.

An updated logo and warranty text are forthcoming.

Wow, an honest to goodness info gloat. Not nearly as good as a tool gloat but a gloat none the less.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

It's certainly nice to see some simple, direct information instead of speculation that seems to permeate this forum. I applaud Ridgid and Norm for addressing this directly. I also applaud Ridgid for extending the warranty to allow some of us more time to evaluate the worth of these tools. I just put together a TS3650 (my early Christmas present). How it operates over the next month and a half will have a great bearing on whether I will be purchasing other Ridgid tools t go with this saw. Extending the warranty offer will make the Ridgid tools that much more enticing.

My suggestion to Ridgid would be to provide a permanent lifetime service warranty on all tools, but exempt out disposable items such as batteries. If this were done, I think the view of Ridgid as a premier power tool would really be enhanced. I also think that if the tools are that good, there should be minimal warranty returns and repairs. Despite my appreciation of the lifetime warranty offer, it does make me somewhat suspect when I know that it is really only being offered as a marketing tool.

Comment

I was told I could find out details for lifetime warranty on ridgids'web site have not found them yet anyone know there location. I was told by homedepot all I had to do was bring product in and a replacement would be given me. (with receipt)

If I have to send product to the West Indies and I'm in the middle of remodeling my house that warranty is not worth a filp.

I bought a lifetime starter from Auto Zone and they have only had to replace it 4 times glad I don't have to mail it.

Comment

Blue Cat,
          When you are at the Ridgid Home Page go to "Support", then to "Ridgid Power Tools Warrantee", which brings you to http://www.ridgid.com/manuals/RIDGID3yr.pdf .
          Norm opened this thread with the announcement that the promotional Lifetime Service Warrantee has been extended through January 2004.
          If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Originally posted by Norm:
            On December 15th the decision was made to address consumer demand for the RIDGID power tools and the Limited Lifetime Warranty offer by extending the period to January 31, 2004. The same rules apply as with the always with this promotional offer. This provides you with extra time to take advantage of this great offer.

An updated logo and warranty text are forthcoming.
            Guess some people must be clairvoiant if they posted the extended warranty in Novemeber and the post states the decission was made on December 15th. Nice deal though.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X