Pneaumatics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneaumatics

I continue to hear rumblings at Big Orange about the new Ridgid nailers and combo kits. The guys at the Depot keep trying to convince me that Porter-Cable is going to be replacing their version of the guns and combos, painting them orange and pushing them into Depot. Is this true?

If Ridgid is going to come out with a line of nailers sometime in the future, PC would be a great choice IMO to farm out the production too. However, Ridgid already has their oil free compressors manufactured for them by Campbell Hausfeld so a deal with them to also manufacture nailers would make more sense. I hope not because IMHO CH guns are quality wise only slightly better than those found at Harbor Freight.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Hank----I wouldn't hold my breath----HD employees aren't known for knowing facts most of the time. Have seen reports from HD employees that HD owns Ridgid or owns Ryobi, etc.
      Dave

Comment

dave:

They do!!

Comment

I don't think so!! TTI (TechTronics International) owns Ryobi, who owns One World Technologies (OWT) and Emerson Electric owns Ridgid. Last year, Emerson partnered with OWT to have OWT manufacture its woodworking power tool line under license to use the "Ridgid" brand name. The tools are essentially heavier duty tools (heavier than the Ryobi brand). I believe that the portable tools are new to the market, while the stationary tools are basically the original Emerson Electric design. Emerson still manufactures its plumbing tools here in the U.S. and Germany, under the Ridgid name.

Many of the Craftsman brand tools have been made by either Ryobi or Ridgid in the past 30 plus years. If the product ID begins with a "113" it was made by Ridgid. If it begins with a "315" it was made by Ryobi. Both Ryobi and Ridgid have an exclusive retail marketing agreement with Home Depot. This is only for power woodworking tools and does not apply to plumbing or yard tools.

The OWT "Ridgid" products are now made in China at a new high tech facility (built a couple of years ago. Ridgid, Ryobi, and Craftsman customer and technical support is all handle at the Ryobi facility in Anderson, South Carolina.

Comment

CW:

All you just said is true. In addition to that...when Ryobi, TTI or OWT signed an exclusive agreement with Home Depot part of the agreement was to give HD some share or ownership in the company. Now that was a few years ago and things may have changed but everytime I talk with someone from Ryobi or Ridgid they get really shaky and never give a straight answer. When I ask a Three different Home Depot District Managers...whom I all know with my dealings with Depot...They say that Ryobi, TTI or OWT(whoever you want to call them) is part owned by HD. These three HD District Managers are not the idiots that work in the tool carrol...they all have a college education and know alot more about HD's business then I do or ever really care too!!

Comment

Bo, Home Depot (as a corporation) does not own a share of TTi. Go to www.ttigroup.com and check it out in the financials. TTi is a large supplier to Depot but there are larger.

Comment

"Many of the Craftsman brand tools have been made by either Ryobi or Ridgid in the past 30 plus years. If the product ID begins with a "113" it was made by Ridgid. If it begins with a "315" it was made by Ryobi."

I have to differ with the above. Sears(Craftsman) products whose model number prefix is 113.nnnnnn were manufactured by Emerson for Craftsman. You may be thinking that Ridgid built these because Emerson was also the manufacturer of most Ridgid tool before they switched to TTI. Emerson still makes the Ridgid vacs as far as I know.

Ryobi I don't know off the top of my head but here is a link to a list I posted a while back which decodes the suppliers of Craftsman tools to Sears (too long to include in this post);

Craftsman OEM Sorted by Prefix
                http://www.owwm.com/Craftsman/Manufacturers-Prefix.asp

Craftsman OEM Sorted by Manufacturer
                http://www.owwm.com/Craftsman/Manufacturers-Name.asp

Comment

Bo,
                  I have been with HD for 15 years now, And yes I am one of the (Idiots) who runs a tool corral. But I have to say that you are an idiot,and your so called district manager contacts don't know what in the hell they are talking about.Home Depot does not own Rigid or Ryobi, they have made them a proprietary brand. Just like Husky Tools,(which are made by Stanley). So before you go spouting crap about HD employees being idiots maybe you should make sure you know what you are talking about.
                  Jeff

Comment

Cujo:

I have heard the exact same comments from other people in and outside of home depot. From employees of HD and Ridgid. In addition for each comment I hear that TTI and HD have no affiliation beside being an exclusive agreement I hear one that says they are. Now I hear more of the first from people on the floor and more of the second from people that are Store Managers and District Managers. Now I made a quess that a part-time associate would know less then a full time salaried employee...but I could be wrong and I am willing to admit that I am. If so then I apoligize.

I would know like to respond to BrandMan. for starters I did not look at the HD Finacials but the TTI Fin. where in Honk Kong currency and I do not know the exchange rate so have no way of comparing them if I cared. So if they are larger I have no way of telling in addition I find it hard to believe that TTI is larger then HD since most of TTIs brands are exclusive to HD so how would they make more money then HD when HD is sellin additional things. Let me know the exchange rate if you know it and I would love to do more research

Comment

BrandMan said that "TTI is a large supplier to Depot but there are larger" not they are larger.
                      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X