Makita's New Tools!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita's New Tools!

Just thought I would let everyone know that Makita's new tools they have coming out are just flat out AWESOME!

They are coming out with new Recip saws, grinders, Cordless drills, Laser Miter Saw and among other things.

The new recip saws are just awesome! The best one is called the AVT. It kicks the Milwaukee Super SawZall's butt...bad!

The cordless drills called the MXT series. The 18 volt drills have 560 in. lbs of torque. 14v has over 450 in. lbs. Each drill has 3 speeds, 1 for drill mode, 1 for hammer mode, and 1 for drill mode.

These new tools are lighter and faster that the others! If anyone would like to see the specs on these tools feel free to email me!

Watch out everyone!

The new recip saws are just awesome! The best one is called the AVT. It kicks the Milwaukee Super SawZall's butt...bad!

Packer's i would find the above statement very hard to believe. Milwaukee is the undisputed king of the sawzall market. I have no beef with makita with the exception of one tool that is grossly unsafe.

I would have to see it to believe it. and not on paper. lots of things look good on paper. I would have to see it compared to the milwaukee's in action to decide for myself.
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Originally posted by packers:
      BWA HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

wow wow wow makita could not come close to a milw.
        A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

you just wait, you just wait! Why does everyone think the Milwaukee is the best? Does anyone see whats inside after a couple times of use. And does anyone ever notice how much vibration is in your hands when operating it? You will see and feel the difference, If you guys ever get the chance to test both side by side....I will bet you anything you will see and be amazed by the quality of the Makita AVT! I got to see it in action in a couple weeks ago....let me tell you that it is something to wreckin with!

Comment

Badger Dave.........which Home Depot do you work for in Madison? The east or the west side? I come into both every week and I will show you the Recips and the difference! You can hold my word to that!

Comment

What the...... Now I work for Home Depot?

[ 05-03-2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: badgerdave ]
              I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

SURE HOPE MAKITA HAS UPGRADED THEIR RECIP.SAW. I BOUGHT 6 OF THEIR OLD MODEL BACK IN 1995. WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK. I WOULD NOT EVEN TRY TO SELL IT ON EBAY.
                WISH THAT A CO. COULD DEVELOPE A VARIABLE STROKE GEAR BOX. THIS WOULD ALLOW 1 SAW TO WORK INSIDE A WALL WITHOUT HITTING THE WALL. THEN BE ABLE TO SWITCH GEARS AND HAVE A LONGER STROKE TO CUT OUTSIDE OF A WALL.
                REMEMBER YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST. DEVELOPE IT AND WELL WILL SPLIT IT 50/50.
                PLUMBER RICK

Comment

It will have to be a pretty good reciprocating saw to beat Milwaukees New 13 amp counter balance SawZall with a rotating handle variable speed with multi speed lock and orbital/reciprocal action. I just got this wonderful tool a few days ago. Guys this gem is a new release and its specs are available on Milwaukees website. Just check out their products section and click on corded sawzalls. If you use SawZalls to earn your living you cannot be without this or your competition just got three legs up. ITS MADE IN THE USA.

Anythings possible but I'd bet a substantial amount of money that Makita has not surpassed Milwaukee on this tool.

Packers, is there a reason why I have to e-mail you for the specs and that I cannot go to Makitas web site for this information?

Rick, I like your idea for a variable stroke. I have different saws for different strokes from the 3/4 hatchet for close work, the older 1" strokes and 1 1/8 standard to this new 1 1/4 13 amp beauty that they just released. It would be nice to have it all in one package. You gotta try their new one though, as a fellow professional to another you won't believe the power, speed, accuracy and ease of use. Milwaukee hit yet another grand slam this year.
                  Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Packers,

I am not sure what you are talking about in relationship to vibration or the internal workings of SawSalls but the higher end Milwaukee tools are very smooth and are counter balanced to for extremely smooth operation. The highest end Makita out to date might compete well with the lower end Milwaukee SawSall but they simply do not pair up with the better ones.

Since there is absolutely nothing on Makitas web site that makes mention of this AVT (at least at this post time) it leads me to believe that you either work for Makita and have inside knowledge of a yet to be announced tool or you are blowing the capabilities of your own saw completely out of proportion. The Highest amp rating I could find on Makitas Web site was under 10. I find absolutely nothing about counter balancing and the higher amp saws needed a wrench to change blades.

I don't want to run down your tools. Your makita probably does everything you need it to do for you. A green Nissan Maxima is probably a competent vehicle and carrys its passengers very well. The Red Cadillac STS with northstar just does it so much better, faster and smoother.
                    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

&lt;you just wait, you just wait! Why does everyone think the Milwaukee is the best? Does anyone see whats inside after a couple times of use. And does anyone ever notice how much vibration is in your hands when operating it?&gt;

For recip's Milwaukee is the best. No one out there is better. Yeah there is some vibration and if all the makita did was get rid of the vibration, zippide doo dah! As I said earlier, i have no beef with makita except for one grossly unsafe tool, i can not believe they have anything that can stand up to any milwaukee sawzall. I would be very surprised

Comment

I wouldn't put the Makita up against the PC, much less the Mil. I would say that it falls more into the Ridgid/Dewalt area of saw.
                        AVT (Anti-Vibration Technology) is said to be used on two hammer drills but not on any saws.

But I do work at Home Depot if you want to come by and show me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-08-2005, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Cuj0HD ]
                        Jeff

Comment

Are you talking about the Makita model 3020 reciprocation saw (9.8 amps)? If so, there's a pic and a few details at: http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Tools-H...ay_~full_specs
                          I believe the 'AVT' stands for 'Anti-Vibration Technology,' and isn't a specific model. I can't find any comparison tests on that model, so far, so it must be the new one.
                          Nolo illigitamati carborundum

Comment

Anti Vibration Tech sounds to me like a fancy name for a technology to make a "entry level" saw feel and perform like a professional grade saw (specifically speaking of the sawzall). I own a mid to higher end milwaukee and have had it for about 5 or 6 years. it is an orbital action 10 speed saw that has served me well and continues to serve me well to this day. I am a DIY'r but it has none the less seen some use. Everything from demo work to remodel 2 rooms,cutting railroad ties so length, plumbing upgrades (galvinized to copper), a soil stack removal (required 3 cuts through cast iron soil stack), tree roots in the way to build a deck, leftover roots from a stump removal, etc. This saw runs as well today as it did the day I bought it. It is well balanced and has minimal vibration (except when i was cutting that soil stack which probably would have burnt up any makita or comprable recip saw on the market.

As I have said before with the exception of one grossly unsafe tool, makita tools preform well and have always been respected in the industry. My sanders, router, hand planer, 7 1/4" hypoid saw, and 4 1/2" trim/tile saw are all makita and have performed well I have no complaints. I have no complaints with any of the above, (the hypoid did bog down while building my deck out of pressurized wood twice (yes it had a proper blade) but the skil worm gear took care of it.

I do have to be honest, if milwaukee had a router kit like the RF-1101 when i was in the market i would have likely bought that one based on name, but the makita is great.

When it comes to the recip saw, milwaukee is the industry leader! No one is better. No one! The new makita might outperform their previous models, and others in their class, but they are not in the class of the milwaukee (except maybe for the milwaukee's in their class) and even then I would have my doubts.

It would take A LOT to convince me otherwise. And although i do own some makita tools, they had been notified of my experience and of an unsafe tool and since they have not done anything to date to correct the problem, i would not give them another dime no matter how good their tools evolve.

Comment

In Response to Makita's New Tools due out later this year, I can say from personal experience that Makita's tools have far exceeded thier value with us. I am a third generation building contractor and both my grandfather and father have used Makita Power tools over the past 30 years since they came to the US and yes, we have had other brands, some good, others not so but hands down, the Makita's have, in most cases, outperformed the Milwaukee's; Bosch's, DeWalt's, Hitachi's and Porter Cable's to name just a few. I will admit that someone at Makita fell asleep on their last line of Sawzalls but this new line of AVT models are AWESOME! I was able to use and compare them at a tool show about a month ago, cutting through everything from 4x6 to rebar and 1/2" plate steel. I was so impressed that I wanted to buy it on the spot but it wasn't available yet. We compared it to the Tiger Saw, Super Sawzall, a Hitachi and a DeWalt. Again, hands down the Makita kicked butt. They also showed off their new 18 volt cordless drill, model MXT which I was able to take a 3" hole saw and burned through a 2x10 without it bogging down a bit. We also were able to do the same with a DeWalt which the guy next to me burned the motor up on it and Bosch's to my suprise started to smoke although it didn't burn up. I thought Bosch was a tough tool until I witnessed that. Yeah, we had a time where we used some Bosch, I think that was because I thought it was a status thing and needed to be there but again, they like the DeWalt's and Porter Cable stuff just didn't hold up to the daily use we put our tools through like the Makita's. We have also tried the Rigid stuff, it basically sucks. Rebranded Ryobi crap. Nice looking but that is it. The cosmetics don't get the job done or pay the bills. And, did you know that Milwaukee has been bought by the same company that owns Rigid and Ryobi. Lets see how long it takes them to ruin the Milwaukee reputation with garbage. Moral of this story I suppose is, if you make your living by your tools, quality and reliability is a necessity, not a luxury. As long as Makita keeps building quality tools, we will continue to buy and use them. I'm sure I will hand down some of my Makita Tools to my son as did my father to me for another generation of building.

Comment

Working...
                              X