What happened to a good idea???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to a good idea???

Some time ago, maybe 3yrs ago DeWalt had a great 18V cordless kit, and I don't know what happen to the idea. This kit was not easy to find I only knew of 1 place in the city of S.A. to find it and even that was on the outscirt of town. It had a sawsall, a hammer drill,a light, circularsaw,and here it comes a"Rotory hammer".That rotary hammer was awsome no cords draging in the mud underneath a building while drilling anchors. Just an excellent idea and yet I never saw it again. Does anyone know were it went or why the other big boy's rigid, milwakee nobody even tried or I would have been in line. Maybee sombody know's more about this than me???
    christopher

Christopher

Seek and you shall find, the first place I looked: http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=27&catalogId=40027&langId=-1&productId=284373&mainHeader=Tools&categoryId=189 329&mainCategoryId=362 &parentProd=281125

Woodslayer

Comment

Thank you for you're response, but I never had a problem finding a 18V rotary hammer. I just can't find a combo kit with the above listed items. I've just purchased the Ridgid 18V 4-pack and i'll be happy with it, but still no rotary-hammer.
      christopher

Comment

My quess would be that combo kits are marketed for the masses and most of the masses have little or no use for a rotary hammer drill. No demand = no sales = discontinued in DeWalts case.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

How many of the masses have I seen, that are truck driver's in the last few day's on this site, and I was told that that was the big push behind the Extra-impact wrench. Now tell me if i'm wrong but as a plumber and maybee the electrician's will back me up here, but we use a ROTARY-HAMMER a litle more often than an impact wrench (still not avaliable) like De-Walt and your precious milwakee. Just answer me this were are you getting you're polls from????? Oh and by the way Dewalt did'nt do away with that kit I just don't like De Walt tools.

[ 09-30-2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Quescodeplumb ]
          christopher

Comment

Sorry to bring up Milwaukee again on Ridgid site, but in the Milwaukee catalog 2005-2006 they show a picture of as larger V28 Roatry Hammer on the inside of the cover, but make no mention of it in the rest of the catalog. My guess would be that this is something that will be out soon. It looks like the same tool as their 1-1/8" SDS Hammer.
            Unless you are the lead Dog, the scenery does not change...

Comment

Working...
            X