X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future cordless tools

I have had a makita combo set that was stolen, but I still own an 18V cordless sliding compound miter saw.

I want a new combo kit and I'm looking at a few.

Makita:
    +)compatible with current chargers and batteries I already have. several additional tools available.
    -)I never see a price break. hammerdrill not a part of the combo kit unless I spring for the huge kit.

bosch:
    +)I can get a 5 piece combo for similar price to everyone else's 4 piece combos.
    -)compatability. don't like the feel of some of the tools.

ridgid:
    +)warranty. I like the feel for the most part.
    -)don't know if they plan on expanding the line in the future.

These are the three that work in my favor the most at this point even though I do like PC and Milwakee. I'm not a DeWalt fan, though I do like that they have an expanded line including the new cordless shop vac.

Can the brandman indicate if I can ever expect to see more 18V tools in the line?

you have only seen the tip of the iceberg! We will continue to offer you more power tools in the coming months.

Comment

18 V cordelss?

I don't need to know specific tools, just a commitment to make more.

Comment

brandman........

hello?

Comment

I think that sums it up

Originally posted by BrandMan:
          you have only seen the tip of the iceberg! We will continue to offer you more power tools in the coming months.

Comment

maybe if I complained about the color I could get a more specific answer.

Sounds like the current combo kit is as fancy as it gets.

Comment

rofl,
              You have to understand that these products JUST rolled out only a month ago. Like Brandman said, your seeing the tip of the iceberg, the "first wave" so to speak.

Info about future tools is a closely guarded secret in this business. As you can see, usually when you hear about a new tool, its already shipping to the stores.

Comment

I didn't ask for specific tools. Only if the 18V line would be expanded or not. Surely that wouldn't hurt the competitive edge to share.

BTW, in private email I was told that the 18V line WOULD expand. Specificly. I don't think I have leaked any classified info by sharing that.

Comment

Working...
                X