Ridgid Laminate Trimmer R2400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Laminate Trimmer R2400

Just purchased this guy and it has a nice feel to it.
    Beefy power plant at 6 amps, variable speed, 1/4 collet,
    12 foot cord length, comes with a edge guide, guide bars and bearing guide assembly, a bearing flush trim bit and a real
    good case, no load spped of 20,000-30,000. I'm going to try it out in a couple of days and
    get back with feedback, any of yours would be most welcome too! oh yeah $99.00 @ Depot.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R2400-Laminate-Trimmer/

[ 02-28-2005, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: jaco ]

I was wondering when someone might post on this addition to the Ridgid line. I've eyeballed it in the display at HD and have been thinking of geting one to keep a roundover bit in. Would be handy not to have to change out a bit from my full-size PC or Milwaukee routers, just grab and go so to speak.

Interested to hear wht you think of the depth adjustment, and does it have a soft start feature?

Comment

Gee, it's been nearly five thousand years since I promised a follow-up, another guy who asked about this tool
      http://www.ridgidforum.com/cgi-bin/u...;f=19;t=000092
      has a link that really gets down in describing the tool,
      so far I've trimmed laminate and flat ABS 1/8", and routed out
      doors for hinges and found this tool easy to hold and operate,
      yes it does have a soft start feature, the depth of adjustment is
      decent where I did not have to fiddle around, there are edge guides included which I have not tried out yet. I had to hang
      5 doors and found this tool to be ideal.

paul

Comment

Just got this for my bday a couple days ago. i've been using a DeWalt and makita on the site but i really like the ridgid. its got the soft start and really powerful in such a compact housing. i would definately recomend this over any of the others.
        icq: 281-076-558<br />email: Curtis_Young187@hotmail.com

Comment

I got one of these the other day. I have a variety of routers but I wanted a small, light, router - even though I don't expect to use it to trim any laminate.

My first use was to cut out hinges, etc, for doors using a template I have. It works prefectly at that, especially once I discovered Freud guides exactly fit the plastic base. (The base is keyed and idiot at Home Depot had no idea why).

The only complaint I have is that there is a 'stop' which prevents you from easily separating the base from the motor.

Plus, it is easy to put your finger into the opening where you tighten the collet. Because I have nerve damage in my left hand, I have very limited touch sensation, and the forst time I used the tool I accidently stuck my finger against the collet. Although I didn't hurt myself, the finger got real hot real quick and for some reason heat i can feel perfectly.

So, given this is a single handed unit, I would have though some sort of window or something would make it safer.

Overall, though, I'm very satisifed.

Comment

Woodsmith editors published a review of the Bosch Colt in the latest edition of the magazine. In the review, which was extremely favorable, they mention the new Ridgid R2400. They pointed out a couple of reasons they preferred the Bosch, mainly speed of bit change and articulate adjustments. Other than that they were complimentary of the R2400. I haven't made up my mind yet between the two, but I have a birthday coming up soon and I definitely want a small router.

Comment

I'm Looking forward to when i can get my hands on a small router. every time i go throuh home depot I stop and look at the R2400. I'd like to be able to make my own funiture and fix the edge on my old book shelf.
              "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
              "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
              X