Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Plumber, now that you have been reassured that your Ridgid company powertools is now made in China but has a Usa city name on its paperwork.....what are you going to buy??

Oh yeah, i forgot one other thing..........chill out!!
    One thing i have learned in life..........no one takes you seriously once you have lost your cool!!

Comment

I can agree that losing ones temper is not a good thing. My feelings about communist China run very deep. Brandmans shallow rationalizations just about caused me to have an anuerism.

We were willing to blow up the world to prevent communist Russia from gaining a toe hold in the west. Now less than one generation after the fall of the wall we are handing China our lively hood on a silver platter and asking them if they want seconds. Communist China is now in the running to buy a major US oil corporation. If people can't see how wrong this is then its over. Democracy was a great idea, but simple short sighted greed is selling our future down the toilet. And yes, this makes me lose my cool. In fact it makes my blood boil.

smallnails,

I am not sure what tools I will be buying anymore. I will ceratinly be taking even greater care of my existing tools so I don't have to support people who support communism any more than I absolutely have to. This professional used to buy new tools when they came out if they had improvements over existing models even though there was nothing wrong with my existing tools. NO MORE. Thankfully I hope to retire in about 9 years and I can let the communist turncoats do as they please.
      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Yup i agree with you on that point of foreign ownership.
        9 years to go huh? Best way to not support the companys that outsource( which as brandman says "most do") is to buy second hand!
        there are a lot of really good secondhand powertools around, you just have to know where to look!
        Unfortunately with China they are going to be a major player in the years to come........imagine if the had a democratic government system?? that would be scaaary! There would be nothing holding people back from dealing with them and nothing holding them back from dealing with us!

Saying all that, i personally have nothing against the Chinese people, some of my best friends are asians and they are really good honest down to earth people and i am sure in the few billion people that live in china there must be some really good people too!

Comment

My father just bought a Toyota Solara and it was made in Kentucky!

I know a carpenter that has a hitachi comp sliding miter saw. Haven't alked with him in a while, but this was back in 1999-2000 and he said at that time it was the best saw on the market.

Hitachi has a 3.0 ah NiMh? That's cool. I just replaced one of my 2.0's for a 3.0 NiMh for my drill and wow what a difference. It was quite noticeable.

From what I understand Hitachi makes a good tool.

You will be hard pressed to find tools still made in the USA...at least power tools.

I heard rumor that even milwaukee was selling out and going across the pacific pond.

I have a few makita, a milwaukee, and of course my favorite german tool manufacturer that is even having their batteries made in the far east.

JUst the nature of the business.

I don't like it,

but quite honestly, for what they would have to pay us in America to make tools, they could not sell them for a profit. It is SAD, but true. We want a fair wage, and we deserve it, but when they can make them overseas cheaper and in some cases get the same or similar quality.

Here is a prime example. Snap-on vs Blue Point. Both sold by Snap-on, both owned by the same company. Snap-on is made in the USA, Blue point is not. You will pay more for snap-on than you will blue point. Most of their pneumatic tools are an average of 100.00 difference in price.

I actually broke down and bought....

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Now when I bought them they were less than 100 bucks, not much they were 90 and some change. But believe it or not they have a lifetime warranty.

I break or wear out a bit, turn it in and get a new one. Not even craftsman has that deal.

I am sure that I spent over 90 bucks over the course of my life replacing worn out or broken bits 2 bucks here, 3 bucks there, etc.

Well worth it in the LONG RUN

I was SHOCKED when he told me they were warranty items. They have a blue point set that is a third of the price and is not warrantied.
          \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Hitachi makes a respectable nailer. In my opinion, a lot of their other stuff is great for a DIY'er but a pro can tell the difference.

Comment

With all do respect to everyone here. HITACHI is one of the best of light tools you can work with all the way around!I aint big on them nips though in the west and Pacific my line got took from them hitler boy's

[ 10-01-2005, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: bob bridgewater ]
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
              Be safe out there folks
              Bob B
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Why does everyone get their undies in a bundle when it comes to buying stuff made over seas? Some of the best stuff is made over there! I totally understand everyone's point of view about stuff being made over there, but everyone has to realize that times change and so does quality of where it is made.
                If no one wants to buy stuff made over seas, then everyone should take a look at what is on their back, legs and all over their body! Almost EVERYTHING, is made there now! I would have to say almost 90% of everything made is made over seas, whether its from, japan, china, indoniesia, taiwan, europe, philippines, bangladesh...etc. I could go on and on. Im asume everyone at sometime, wears a hat....take a look at where it is made.....I bet it is made one of the places I just mentioned....
                And I am just repeating what alot of people have been saying " if it made over there I dont want it", well if thats the case take off the hat and throw it away so you never have to support a another country again other than the U.S. of A!! I bet you wished you had that hat the next time you are in the sun.....wouldnt you????????

Comment

Why does everyone get their undies in a bundle when it comes to buying stuff made over seas? Some of the best stuff is made over there! I totally understand everyone's point of view about stuff being made over there, but everyone has to realize that times change and so does quality of where it is made.

If no one wants to buy stuff made over seas, then everyone should take a look at what is on their back, legs and all over their body! Almost EVERYTHING, is made there now! I would have to say almost 90% of everything made is made over seas, whether its from, japan, china, indoniesia, taiwan, europe, philippines, bangladesh...etc. I could go on and on.
                  Im asume everyone at sometime, wears a hat....take a look at where it is made.....I bet it is made one of the places I just mentioned....

And I am just repeating what alot of people have been saying " if it made over there I dont want it", well if thats the case, take off the hat and throw it away so you never have to support a another country again other than the U.S. of A!! I bet you wished you had that hat the next time you are in the sun.....wouldnt you????????

Time to change some of the ways you think........

Comment

packers,

Its called caring about your country and the future of your country. Either the deficits, both trade and the domestic budget are eliminated or we go bankrupt. Just because we are the United States does not mean we are immune from reality.

There is no free trade with China. If you add what its costing us in competition for the worlds energy supply, competition with slaves for labor, less buying power from Americas working class and a host of other direct and real costs associated with this give away to communisim then these products are simply not worth it. Yes you can still find most things made somewhere other than communist China. Its hard and its not all from the USA buts its there for people who care. And it does matter.

Comment

plumber,

alright, alright....settle down! I understand you, and your views. But when it comes to buying, if you like what you see not matter where it comes from then you buy it. I dont worry about where it is made at. If you were to think about all that you have right now in your possession, and everything that wasnt made in the usa....you wouldnt have really anything left. So like everyone else is thinking im sure.....if you dont like anything else but stuff made in the usa.....then throw it away if you have it, or dont buy it!
                      Now a days, quality is made over seas....look at crapsmen(craftsman) alot of their tools are starting to be made over there cause they cant compete with the prices. If you were to make something here or over there and it was cheaper to make it the same exact way over there, you would do it also.....

I hope you drive a chevy then....

Comment

Sorry, I do not agree. It does matter. Unless you are willing to surrender to communism just because you like the price. There are no polite terms for that so i will leave it it go at that.

You would find very very little on my property that is made in China. See, unlike you I'm willing to take the time to support our country and our countries future. When there is 100% no choice then I am forced into something I hate with my entire soul.

Yes, no one in the USA can compete with slave labor prices. What do you do for a living? Are you willing to do it for 13 dollars a week?

Comment

Working...
                        X