X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Compressor

Went to HD near Tuckerton NJ and saw a RIDGID Air compressor. Don't see it on the site though, kinda shotty paint dull orange. Was thinking someone there painted a Porta-Cable and slapped a RIDGID sticker on it.

Did it look like any of these?

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Air-Compressors/index.htm

Woodslayer

Comment

Yes, must have been the OF45150. The picture shows rubber feet this one had none (maybe they didn't put them on) the paint was just blah, but after a week of use, scratches, dust, and everything else will fix that

Comment

I believe that would be painted a Campbell Hausfeld and slapped a RIDGID sticker on it.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I saw one at hd. It does look like a painted ch, however the welds and parts look of a higher quality, if they didn't it would be one very overpriced ch. ch is the homelite of the compressor world. I would be leary of buying something that can explode from a low quality manufacturer.
          But, I doubt ridgid would put their name on something like a ch.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

FYI There is a class action law suit underway that involves CH, Devilbiss and others. The suit alleges that they all overstated horsepower ratings. Check aircompressorsettlement.com

The interesting fact is that a very small number of companies make practially all the compressor brands. You think you're getting better quality from specific brands but the only difference is price and color.

Comment

Outrage26,

Thanks for the info concerning the class action lawsuit - I am going to check my serial number tonight on my devilbiss air compressor and see if it qualifies for one of the awards.
              Of course I can build you one of those - I just need a [new tool]!

Comment

Rafael, here is a quote from the press release, two of them are CH !! But like the new battery operated tools they are likely made to higher specifications as you noted in the welds.

The twinstack oil-free air compressor and wheelbarrow air compressor are manufactured
                by Campbell Hausfeld. Founded in 1836 and headquartered in Harrison, Ohio, Campbell
                Hausfeld, a subsidiary of Scott Fetzer, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of air
                compressors, air tools and accessories, paint sprayers, welders and pressure washers.
                The twinstack oil-lube air compressor is manufactured by ABAC, which is headquartered
                in Turin, Italy, and is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of oil-lubricated air compressors
                serving the Professional and Industrial markets.

Comment

As most people can see at a glance all compressors look pretty much the same between brands. You need to look closely. Quality of the welds, parts, and materials are not hard to differentiate, and most of all quality control. Like most things, you get what you pay for.
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X