X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, quick, with blade alignment!

Thanks to Dave I've located my 'fence problem' and it's really the blade alignment at issue. What I need to know is the most eficient way to make this adjustment. There's always some little trick to things, like to loosed two diaganol bolts thoroughly and the remaining two a just a bit and tap on the mounts, etc. My back won't allow me to stay in goofey positions for very long at all so *any* suggestion is a welcome one.
    TIA, again,
    Chiz
    Later,
    Chiz

You do know about the "blade alignment lever" on the trunnion, right?
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

As Lorax said, once you have the trunion bolts loosened up, the alignment lever should make quick work of realigning your blade.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'm embarrassed to say that I thought you were yanking my leg for being a dolt, Lorax. When I got a second from Dave I reconsidered - sorry. I scanned every page of the manual and it's not there but if it's an actual lever it can't be hard to find. Maybe I'll get the son-in-law over with his mechanics tools and we'll just change out the arbor while we're at it. Looks like we're gonna flip the thing over... I wonder what Kel is doing on Saturday.
        Later (and thanks!),
        Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

Chiz, the lever is located just above the mounting post for the blade guard and between the rear trunion bolts on the back of the saw. It's about an inch or so long. Good luck with your arbor replacement. IIRC someone awhile back posted some pictures on how to do that, did you make copies of those?
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
          X