X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumbdog10
    I use a 14.4v. Milwaukee cordless impact that will out-do a Dewalt or Ridgid any day on commercial sites. Commercial is all I work in.
    So your 14.4v will out do my 18v? did Milwaukee make a motor in their impact driver that draws less amps? Do you have co-workers with the Ridgid and Dewalt?
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

The new Panasonic has adjustable torque, adjustable speed ranges, lcd display too I think. Way too expensive for me but check the Amazon description http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

I have a 14.4 Makita and use it almost every day. My coworkers have among them: 4 more Makitas (12V, 2 x 14.4V, and one of the new 18V Li-Ion), 2 DeWalts (1 14.4, 1 12V) and 1 Milwaukee (14.4V). Everyone loves what he's got. I personally don't care for DeWalt tools, but when I've had to borrow one in a pinch, it's functioned pretty much the same as mine. I wouldn't mind having one except I'm already invested in Makita for the lower voltage range. The steel frame guys working next to us have pretty much the same break down but with quite a few more Panasonics and no Ridgids whatsoever. If the 18V feels light to you, that's great man, I can't carry that thing! It gets heavy even with a good belt although I haven't tried suspenders yet. The 14.4 I got is great. More than enough power and battery capacity for whatever I'm doing. Hope the info on the adjustable blutch Panasonic helps. Aloha!
      Last edited by Theycallmetak; 04-04-2006, 07:50 AM.

Comment

so when will home depot sell them by themselves?

As a weekend warrior I have tried to establish some reasonable control over battery powered tools. I therefore selected the ridgid line and their 18v series. I have limited battery tools as that thing in the wall where you put that wire from your tool seems to be located almost everywhere!

Yes it would be simple to buy other brands etc. The downside is having a myriad of batteries and chargers plus the need to carry so many different batteries when away from home or away from those wall things I mentioned earlier!

Bottom line, I'm satisfied with the ridgid 18v power tool line, but I'm impatiently waiting for the 18v impact driver! I don't need another flashlight or saw, so buying the tool kit only for the impact driver is moot.

the comment of "so why not buy the 14v tool? as it fits the same charger?" still does not address my desire to have a standard battery for all my tools. When I hit the road I take 3 18v batteries with me in a very nice carrying sack. check out military surplus stores for the "safari bag", it is a perfect size.

I digress.............

So, anyone know when ridgid will release these things?

I prefer not to buy on e-bay, to me e-bay is the flea market of the internet and there is more junk than quality there.
        I'm no snob but bottom line is you really never know what those "used" or "like new" tools has been through and for safety reasons I'll only buy new tools!

Marty in Glendale AZ

Comment

cactusman

you are right about e-bay, You have more junk sold there than anything else. There are a lot on no-name brands which means ,made in china cheap crap that won't even drive a self tapper into soft wood.

There are some places here in Utah that sell things on e-bay so maybe you can arrange with anyone near by in Arizona to see the tool first hand before you buy it.

Comment

grammar error

I apologize for not catching my grammar error!

I meant to use the word "have" and you see the word "has" in the paragraph discussing the purchase of e-bay tools.

marty in Glendale AZ

Comment

Cactusman

No need to apologize here, if you’re looking for grammar snobs this is the wrong place. For future reference you can go into your old post and click edit and change it.

Woodslayer

Comment

i have 18 v dwalt tools and just got a new impact at a good price on e bay.
                and I'm waiting for a new saw i got on e bay for $45 [tool only].
                the 18 v impact driver may be heaver then a 12 or 14 v but it is a lot lighter then my hammer drill.

as far as e bay you can get some new tools
                cheaper with buying tool only. you need to know what is a good price.
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Ebay tools

I bought a Ridgid roofing gun on Ebay for half of retail- and no sales tax!. It is lightly used- looks like it was perhaps a display model. I've also bought some Makita products that were excellent.
                  Caveat emptor, or "buyer beware" is the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
                    you are right about e-bay, You have more junk sold there than anything else. There are a lot on no-name brands which means ,[COLOR="Red"]made in china cheap crap that won't even drive a self tapper into soft wood.

I take offense to that, have you checked where your ridgid battery operated tools are made?

I do agree though most tools on there are to good to be true. Most of the time there stolen tools, just like the person here in Pa. got caught selling stolen tools on ebay!! It's a hell of a thing to make a profit on someone else's tools.

Comment

04-19-2006, 10:32 PM is when i posted what you quote me saying? Might you time be better spent doing something other than mudslinging? You got offended ten days after i said something. Do you always put that much thought into your response's?

Simple fact I didn't compare Ridgid to the generic tools on E-bay. When i said cheap i meant low cost and low quality. I have only had one problem with my drill and it hasn't happened again.

Some of my old tools may have ended up on e-bay as well, but life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
                        04-19-2006, 10:32 PM is when i posted what you quote me saying? Might you time be better spent doing something other than mudslinging? You got offended ten days after i said something. Do you always put that much thought into your response's?
                        Like I said before I don't feel the need to get on here every day like some of you!!

Comment

oh goody here we go again.just grow up dang!
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

how about not quoting or picking on what someone said
                            and say whats on your mined and not worry what someone said

cant we all just get along
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK
                              how about not quoting or picking on what someone said
                              and say whats on your mind and not worry about what someone said

cant we all just get along
                              Sticks and Stones may brake my bones,
                              But a different opinion will never hurt me.

I never meet a man i didn't like, until he gave me a reason to dislike him.

Comment

Working...
                              X