18v corless impact

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v corless impact

I was wondering around the local HD and saw a display for a combo kit that included a 18v cordless impact driver. When i asked the sales guy he said that he didnt even notice it. After checking with the manager in the dept he was unsure as well. They had not seen the units before and after checking the Ridgid web site i do not see them there either.

Does anyone know anything about these.... or better yet when they maybe coming out ?

For a short time there were offered as a mail in rebate and then they were included in a set with 3 batteries. They are not yet avalible on thier own unless you buy it from an online auction.
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Ridgid Impact driver

This item is available at Home Depot as part of their R922 pkg. I believe it will be available in the next month or so at Home Depot as well. At least that is what the sales rep lead me to believe.

Comment

It's out already

I actually bought the set for Christmas and was told that the set was only out for a short time. Check with HD and see if they still have any left over. My set was $349.

Comment

Originally posted by olayne
          I actually bought the set for Christmas and was told that the set was only out for a short time. Check with HD and see if they still have any left over. My set was $349.
          I also got the same deal and bought a week or so before christmas. I also happend to see that they had a 90% cordless impactor that you could get with the set.

Comment

Is there specs available for the 18 volt model anywhere---I can find the smaller ones but not the 18V.

Comment

Over kill

I think that a 18V impact drill is too large(heavy) to haul around when a 12V or 14V will do just fine.

I've been using a Dewalt 12volt for general construction , and let me tell you the thing screws anything, anytime, anywhere. Battery times are geat and torque is crazy, 1000lbs.

I also just purchased a Makita 12V impact as a back up(good deal ) just incase, and would not ever consider going to a larger drill.

These drills don't require big batteries because they have a preset clutch that releases the "hammer" at a specific amount of torque (load). Therefore you don't drain the battery under a load because the hammer takes over for the heavy loads...ie. 1000lbs/ft

Glenn

Comment

the 18v impact driver is not that heavy. I have had it in my tool belt and forgotten it was there! I love using it since it weights a lot less than my 18v and is smaller. the only difference between the 18v and the 14.4v is the battery size. The 12v is good for cabinet work and other tight places but not for heavy use like on a commercial job!
                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Sir, Yes Sir!

Originally posted by adana
                  the hammer takes over for the heavy loads...ie. 1000lbs/ft

Glenn
                  I assume you meant 1000 inch pounds.
                  However if you are big and bad enough to hang on to an impact putting out 1000 foot pounds, I only have one thing to say. "Sir, yes Sir, you are right Sir!"
                  Lorax
                  "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Do any of the impact drivers have provision for adjusting the torque? I don't think I have noticed that on any of them. It may be there but it doesn't seem to be a product feature that any manufacturer promotes, and I don't remember seeing it evaluated in any of the magazine reviews.

If not why not?
                    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D.
                      Do any of the impact drivers have provision for adjusting the torque? I don't think I have noticed that on any of them. It may be there but it doesn't seem to be a product feature that any manufacturer promotes, and I don't remember seeing it evaluated in any of the magazine reviews.

If not why not?
                      I have never seen it either. On my air powered tools they have an air adjustment on them which helps. I have a 1/4" Dewalt that is variable speed through the trigger but it is not a reliable way to control it.
                      SSG, U.S. Army
                      Retired
                      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I stand corrected

Yes Sir . I'm meant to say 1000in/lbs.

Thanks for the correction.

Glenn

Comment

my 1/2" air impact does 1100 foot lbs in reverse and 800 in forward ................. sir lol
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

torque adjustment

Back in 1997,b@d had a 12 volt driver(#2812) that had an adjustable torque setting.
                            A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
                              the 18v impact driver is not that heavy. I have had it in my tool belt and forgotten it was there! I love using it since it weights a lot less than my 18v and is smaller. the only difference between the 18v and the 14.4v is the battery size. The 12v is good for cabinet work and other tight places but not for heavy use like on a commercial job!
                              I use a 14v. Milwaukee cordless impact that will out-do a Dewalt or Ridgid anyday on commercial sites. Commercial is all I work in.
                              the dog

Comment

Working...
                              X