Ridgid FlipTop copy cat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid FlipTop copy cat?

Take a look at this and tell me if you consider this is a copy of the Ridgid FlipTop or not and if so why not.

http://onemanstand.com/index.html

"When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

It does look very similar

I think it is a copy, but then everybody is copying everyone else anyway.
    Attached Files
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Two different designs to accomplish the same result, where the Flip Top forces a sagging piece up to the point that it pivots and provides a level outfeed surface the One Man appears to achieve the same result by utilizing a stationary top. The concept may have been derived from the Flip Top, but it might even be an improvement, it appears that the One Man has a longer front end slope which would allow for more sag.

Woodslayer

Comment

It appears to me that this stand does not have a pivoting top like the Flip Top has. Because the top doesn't pivot, the stand could have a tendency to be knocked over if the workpiece doesn't hit it just right. Looks like a pretty good idea, just not as good of an idea as Ridgids'.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

copy cat stand

it may be a copy of the ridgid stand, but I seriously doubt it will perform like the ridgid. I am currently building a 40 x 40 deck and I have used the ridgid stand too hold up the corners of my deck frame. I figure it was supporting upwards of 300 lbs. It never slipped or anything. The best $29 I have ever spent.

Comment

Working...
          X