X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid FlipTop copy cat?

Take a look at this and tell me if you consider this is a copy of the Ridgid FlipTop or not and if so why not.

http://onemanstand.com/index.html

---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

It does look very similar

I think it is a copy, but then everybody is copying everyone else anyway.
    Attached Files
    "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
    "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Two different designs to accomplish the same result, where the Flip Top forces a sagging piece up to the point that it pivots and provides a level outfeed surface the One Man appears to achieve the same result by utilizing a stationary top. The concept may have been derived from the Flip Top, but it might even be an improvement, it appears that the One Man has a longer front end slope which would allow for more sag.

Woodslayer

Comment

It appears to me that this stand does not have a pivoting top like the Flip Top has. Because the top doesn't pivot, the stand could have a tendency to be knocked over if the workpiece doesn't hit it just right. Looks like a pretty good idea, just not as good of an idea as Ridgids'.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

copy cat stand

it may be a copy of the ridgid stand, but I seriously doubt it will perform like the ridgid. I am currently building a 40 x 40 deck and I have used the ridgid stand too hold up the corners of my deck frame. I figure it was supporting upwards of 300 lbs. It never slipped or anything. The best $29 I have ever spent.

Comment

Working...
          X