18V Nailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Nailer

Is there any plan to offer an 18 volt nail gun for the Ridgid battery line?

Or any other 18v Tools? Angle Grinder? Router? Roto-zip equivalent?

Late October I purchased the Ridgid Big 5 combo @HD for 449 (H/D Driver,Circ-saw,Recip-saw,1/4" Impact,Light). They've been 359 for the past month. Yesterday I had to drive 1/2way across SanDiego to get the LAST 129 clearanced priced JigSaw through HD (Special Services knocked off an addit 25 to offset the trip [104]). Neither the JigSaw nor the BeltSander are displayed at the Ridgid website, so I wonder if the BeltSander is another dinosaur scheduled for extinction in the 18v market?

The JigSaw came with case, single charger (should've been a double), single battery (should've been 2), and a couple of blades. It looks as though the shoe was machined for a cutting guide with threaded holes for set screws(but neither were included). The website doesn't list these parts as available accessories, or a replacement depth guide for the drill, or a "splash" leash for the drill (I work at a US Navy/MWR marina).

I don't see the need for a cordless hand-planer, as I could do more with an angle grinder and all the available utility attachments currently out there. Buff, cut, grind, wire wheel, wire cup, sand. Technically, wouldn't it be a hand-jointer?

A cordless caulking gun...I thought they ALL were cordless.

Elvin

Comment

18V nailer? Doubt it. Market isn't big enough and all you'd get is a finish nailer. You're dreaming if y ou're waiting for an 18V framer. DeWalt is already on the scene and it sells poorly.
      I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Sells it poorly? Do you mean that it's a piece of junk, or that they're not marketing it well?

Maybe a 36V Framer?

Comment

Craftsman makes a 19.2 volt stapler/brad nailer. I didn't like it at all. When you pull the trigger, the motor compresses a spring and that drives the fastener. It worked OK but it took to long to fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightgar
            Sells it poorly? Do you mean that it's a piece of junk, or that they're not marketing it well?

Maybe a 36V Framer?
            Sells poorly in that it is a low volume category. It's no where near the same league as a Paslode cordless finish nailer but that is because of the firing mechanism. Totally different. Igniting butene vs. 18V battery. It's a niche market. Market it all you want, you are only going to sell so many. Ridgid may be able to crank one out low cost from China but still, you have hoses if you are doing finishing carpentry all day.
            I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Working...
            X