News Just Anounced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Just Anounced

Big Red just announced that they now have their lithium ion batteries available for 18volt. The new batteries will interchange with their old 18volt platform so users can get the fade free power and longer run times between charges without having to buy new tools. Plus the batteries will be 25% lighter than the Nicads. When my 18v nicads die they will be replaced with the Li ions.

Milwaukees Li ion technology has several exclusive patents that the other makers will not have access to which may explain why Bosch and Dewalt had to run up the voltage on their yet to be released tools.

More new 28 volt tools have just been announced as well. Check out their website.

The new 28v metal cutting circular saw will cut 2" iron pipe with one pass. Don't think I can pass that up either. Don't want to sound like a troll or a plant but this is something that cannot be left without saying: "WOOHOO"
    Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Iam just wondreing why lorax calls 36volt a spammer and not you.is it not the same as to what you are saying about bigred as he said about dewobble?milw. has there stuff together that is why they have very good quality tools.they have one of the best cordless lines around. go big red.

Comment

Because Plumber doesn't sell Milwaukee tools!
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

OK thank you i really did not no the meaning of spammer. i donot know to much computer language. thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

Hey, I'm no computer guru myself. I could be dead wrong about the whole thing. Just expressing my opinion.
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Actually no one sells 36 volt tools yet, other than UK retailers who sell the 36 volt Bosch. Check out Milwaukee's website. They have press releases detailing all of their new tools.
            I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

What about Hilti's 36 volt rotary hammer drill TE6-a made back in 2000

Comment

Details, details. No one sells 36 volt Lithium Ion tools yet, other than UK retailers who sell the 36 volt Bosch.
                I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Originally posted by 36volt
                  Details, details. No one sells 36 volt Lithium Ion tools yet, other than UK retailers who sell the 36 volt Bosch.
                  http://www.dewalt.com/36v

Comment

that hilti te6 came out about1991,at least that is the oldest year i have in a catalouge from hilti.

Comment

I went to the Columbus woodworking show yesterday and they did not even have a display or any info on the 36 volt line. The difference in being a spammer and a member that is offering info is a SPAMMER has a web site that he is selling from or being paid to advertise something, just like 36volt is. LOL
                      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

36 volt tools were unveiled at the IBS show in Orlando. I am not surprised that they were not present at a show in Columbus. FWIW, I'm not getting paid, nor am I selling anything. Nor have I even plugged my site. Everyone else here seems to want to do that for me. The only site I mentioned was DeWalt's site; go back and check for yourself. Animosity abounds here.

Side note, Metabo will be launching 36Volt Li-Ion tools soon as well. Does this qualify as info offered by a member?

Comment

The balance will be all jacked up!

They will be top-heavy and put unnecessary strain on the wrist. The balance will be totally lost and what you will have is a drill that is able to run for a longer time, but a worker that will complain about his wrist.

workmans comp claim vs. high priced batteries?

not for this guy
                          I just don't see the value it brings to the table

Comment

donut boy

The batteries and tools of the v28 line weigh no more than the 18v tool lines. I own them and use them. It is fact.

If you could drive a a Cadillac Fleetwood with all the bells and whistles and power while still getting the mileage and weight of the Chevy malibu you would have an apt comparison of the two battery tool technologies.
                            Last edited by plumber; 01-27-2006, 09:13 PM.
                            Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

but they will be 18v lith-ion with 12v battery weight.

so there WILL be a weight difference on a tool that was designed to be balanced with a 18v battery. it's not rocket science. It will be top heavy

sure bells and whistles are great, but i would not let any of my guys use it, they can change a battery on the way to the taco cart or truck for supplies.

Comment

Working...
                              X