No announcement yet.

DeWALT 36 volt tools are online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not feel that I have to state my age and occupation in order to post here. Find one thing that I have said that is not 100% correct or one post where I unjustly criticize a tool or vendor. People here need to be able to read something and let it go if they don't agree.

I really doubt teenagers have nothing better to do than post on websites about things that they do not know anything about.
    I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

this was my opinion . if you have nothing to be ashamed of then Wye not display more about your trade ???
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I made a mistake you weren't trying to sell use a router table after all!

12-21-2005 07:15 AM
        Originally posted by buildthis
        In the near future (after the first of the year) I will be making some solid maple ZCI's with leveling screws for the 3650 owners. Please supply your feedback if interested so I can get a count of how many. Pic's will soon be posted as well of the product.
        12-24-2005 07:04 AM
        I have not finalized the price yet...however, they will probably be around $10 give or take.
        I am hoping to provide a package deal of 2 or more.
        12-30-2005, 04:10 PM
        I'm hoping to get them going as soon as I get my new router table set up. I will provide a post when it is closer to time.
        I may be a breying jackass but at least I don't get all pissed off when someone doesn't agree with me. Now if you'll excuss me my evening bowl of oats has arrived.... HE HAW....

By the way Buildthis How old are you and what kind of work do you do? How would someone rank your excpertize when you hide you age and ocupation. But hey you don't really need to tell us,... After all, I'm just a punk teenage 23 yr old kid! What do i know anyway???? I'll answer that one for ya not much, or very little, I should go back to elementery school, Just when you thought i couldn't get lower I STARTED DIGGING!!!!
        Last edited by Polar Sparky 1224; 01-15-2006, 10:37 PM.
        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

good one young punk polar from old fart hawk ha ha
          Charlie

new work pictures 12/09

Comment

Originally posted by 36volt
            I do not feel that I have to state my age and occupation in order to post here. Find one thing that I have said that is not 100% correct or one post where I unjustly criticize a tool or vendor. People here need to be able to read something and let it go if they don't agree.

I really doubt teenagers have nothing better to do than post on websites about things that they do not know anything about.
            Any time you want to talk about residential and commercial electrical work let me know! But you can admit i know somethings you don't, in the end we are all even. There is always someone: stronger , smarter , faster , better dressed and in some cases they could be a teenage punk.

So what do you do for work and how old are you? Come on if you're ashamed of you age I'll bet there are 100 guys in this forum older than you!!

Comment

I have no doubt that there are 100 people here older than I am. I don't know squat about electrical work. Sure, I can replace outlets, light switches, etc (which I know is nothing to brag about). I call my electrician buddy when it's something I can't handle. Money well spent. Power tools is how I roll, and this is a power tool forum, not an electrician's forum.

I have never understood why these forums harbor so much animosity.
              I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Maybe i should take my plug tester, screwdrivers and go back to my stable for the night! I can sleep next to my Dewalt 18v and 12v drills and my Ridgid 18v combo pack. HE HAW HE HAW

Comment

I do have one serious question, how well do Li Ion batteries do in the cold?

Comment

Man you guys... I am away for 2 days and everyone is calling each other names.

If 36volts sole purpose on this board is to slam RIDGID then he doesnt belong here. However he is allowed his opinion and allowed to discuss other tools. No matter what your shopping for you will find Fanboys of a brand (not calling 36volt a fanboy... I havent read enough of his posts).

Some of you guys are die hard RIDGID fans and rightly so

Some people prefer Dewalt, Bosch, etc... As long as everyone keeps it clean and practical I dont mind information about other brands and even constructive criticism of our tools. If people are here to discuss power tools they are welcome here. If they are a rep for another brand or are here just to slam a certain brand then they really arent contributing to the forum and dont belong here.

Please either get this thread back on track or leave it alone.

Thanks,

josh

Comment

All is quite on the Western Front.....

Comment

and the eastern side to
                        Charlie

new work pictures 12/09

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
                          Man you guys... I am away for 2 days and everyone is calling each other names.

If 36volts sole purpose on this board is to slam RIDGID then he doesnt belong here. However he is allowed his opinion and allowed to discuss other tools. No matter what your shopping for you will find Fanboys of a brand (not calling 36volt a fanboy... I havent read enough of his posts).

Some of you guys are die hard RIDGID fans and rightly so

Some people prefer Dewalt, Bosch, etc... As long as everyone keeps it clean and practical I dont mind information about other brands and even constructive criticism of our tools. If people are here to discuss power tools they are welcome here. If they are a rep for another brand or are here just to slam a certain brand then they really arent contributing to the forum and dont belong here.

Please either get this thread back on track or leave it alone.

Thanks,

josh
                          Josh is right on.
                          All my posts are there to be read. I don't slam any tool or brand without a reason (if at all). Seems like everyone thinks I'm trying to sell something when I've never once offered up my sites.

Also, 36 volt Li-Ion tools will soon be available from Metabo as well. I have no doubt that Ridgid will soon follow suit with Li-Ion now that the battery technology has advanced to the point of being practical. Milwaukee has already done the legwork, just transfer it over to the Ridgid line once the new 2.5 aH push is over and done.

Back to Li-Ion and cold weather: traditionally Li-Ion batteries have had poor performance in cold weather compared to Ni-Cd and Ni-MH. Battery technology has been improving every year and I am confident that the issues of cold weather performance have been addressed or else five major manufacturers would not be producing them (Bosch, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Metabo, and Makita).

Comment

The first two weeks on my new job site and it was so cold our Ni-cad's wouldn't charge. Craftsman, Ridgid and Dewalt 18v batteries all suffered the same problem. Does anyone know how Li Ion batteries perform and charge when it is 6 degree's Fahrenheit

Comment

Working...
                            X