Griz G0462 Wood Lathe w/Digital Tach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griz G0462 Wood Lathe w/Digital Tach

Was browsing through the 06 Grizzly catalog, and also checked online, and found this new for 2006 wood lathe is priced at $395, looks like a good deal.

It has a 16" swing over the 43" bed, and comes with a 2 HP motor and a digital spindle tachometer.

Its got a CI bed and leg set so should be fairly stable.

Anybody seen this lathe? $395 (plus $89 shipping) seems awful low for a lathe with these features.

I think the Ridgid lathe was going for close to $350 at one time.

I'd like to get a lathe, and since the Ridgid is basically MIA from my local HDs for like a year now, I don't see much in the way of support down the road, so I'm staying away from the Ridgid lathe. But sometime this year I would like to get a lathe, and this Grizzly seems like nice one. I have seen the Delta 46-745 Steel Lathe 120V w/1.5 HP Motor which looks similar and is a nice lathe, but the price is about $1500 more. Is there really $1500 worth of additional features and quality in the Delta?

"When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
Working...
X