X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.4V Impact Bit/Socket Set

All, I remember seeing a thread about what bit/socket set everyone likes for the Ridgid Impact Driver, but can't seem to find it. Could I get some recommendations for it. Any help would be appreciated. With all the high recommendations for the impact driver, I figure I better start using the one that has been sitting in the closet for 6 months now.
    Nate

I just use the same ones that I had been using in my drill drivers, no problems yet

Comment

Given that some of the Impact Drivers coming out can achieve (claimed) torques of 1440 In/Lb (= 120 Ft/Lb), it might not be a bad idea to use regular impact sockets just as you would on an air impact gun.

I know that Snap-On and others will not replace regular sockets that have been damaged if they were ever used on air impact guns, I don't see why they would treat the electric (corded or cordless) any differently.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thats a good point Bob, have you found any impact grade adapters that go from hex shank to 3/8 or 1/2? I have been using the regular drill adapters that say 'not for impact use' but I have yet to twist one off

Comment

Humm, hex to 3/8 or 1/2" drive adapters in impact grade, can't say as I have seen those but they are probably out there. Will have to keep an eye out for them.

Just found these from Snap-On, but they are HEX x 1/4" drive
          http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools...e=snapon-store

As always they are premium price... $12.85 !!!

But if Snap-On makes them somebody else does too.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 01-25-2006, 03:59 PM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks
            I have been using the regular drill adapters that say 'not for impact use' but I have yet to twist one off
            I have, first time I used the adapter with my 14.4 impact as a matter of fact. I'll bet you'll never guess in a million years where I purchased the adapter set at.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
              I have, first time I used the adapter with my 14.4 impact as a matter of fact. I'll bet you'll never guess in a million years where I purchased the adapter set at.
              I'm just guessin' here, but are the initials HF ? ?
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
              X