14.4V Impact Bit/Socket Set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.4V Impact Bit/Socket Set

All, I remember seeing a thread about what bit/socket set everyone likes for the Ridgid Impact Driver, but can't seem to find it. Could I get some recommendations for it. Any help would be appreciated. With all the high recommendations for the impact driver, I figure I better start using the one that has been sitting in the closet for 6 months now.
    Nate

I just use the same ones that I had been using in my drill drivers, no problems yet

Comment

Given that some of the Impact Drivers coming out can achieve (claimed) torques of 1440 In/Lb (= 120 Ft/Lb), it might not be a bad idea to use regular impact sockets just as you would on an air impact gun.

I know that Snap-On and others will not replace regular sockets that have been damaged if they were ever used on air impact guns, I don't see why they would treat the electric (corded or cordless) any differently.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Thats a good point Bob, have you found any impact grade adapters that go from hex shank to 3/8 or 1/2? I have been using the regular drill adapters that say 'not for impact use' but I have yet to twist one off

Comment

Humm, hex to 3/8 or 1/2" drive adapters in impact grade, can't say as I have seen those but they are probably out there. Will have to keep an eye out for them.

Just found these from Snap-On, but they are HEX x 1/4" drive
          http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools...e=snapon-store

As always they are premium price... $12.85 !!!

But if Snap-On makes them somebody else does too.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 01-25-2006, 02:59 PM.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks
            I have been using the regular drill adapters that say 'not for impact use' but I have yet to twist one off
            I have, first time I used the adapter with my 14.4 impact as a matter of fact. I'll bet you'll never guess in a million years where I purchased the adapter set at.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
              I have, first time I used the adapter with my 14.4 impact as a matter of fact. I'll bet you'll never guess in a million years where I purchased the adapter set at.
              I'm just guessin' here, but are the initials HF ? ?
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
              X