Sneak Peek...New Bosch 10.8V Litheon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpartridge
    On the other hand if it doesn't grip my driver bit tight enough then every time I'm done driving a screw I'm going to have to retrieve the driver bit from the head of the screw and re-insert it into the screwgun. I'd rather lug a couple of extra pounds than do that.it.
    the part you are refering too is called a 1/4" quick connect hex chuck or someother name similar to that. It uses the bits that are usually 2" long or longer with the 1/4" hex at the bottom and a little above that hex there is a smaller smooth portion. This is where that chuck locks on to the bit so it will not let go of the bit until you move the collar of the chuck up to remove it. So don't worry about having the bit come loose during operation. It's the same style chuck as the cordless impact drivers.

Comment

Ahhh The old quick connect hex chuck trick - and I fell for it. Thanks for the info Cellardoor. A little googling and I think I "get it" now. Next time I'm around HD I'm going to check out the chuck and probably buy the driver.

John
      John

Comment

My local HD has em and I was soooo tempted to buy one today. I notice it doesn't have a chuck, instead it's got a ?. Sorry I dunno what that fixed-size thing is called that it has. I like the thought of it (in theory).

Believe me, if Bosch sees a use for an accessory (such as a three-jaw chuck to 1/4 hex power shank), they will build it!
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

I bought the drill and so far I like it. You can dial down the torque a lot compared to more powerful drills. I do a lot with cedar and maybe I won't have to finish screws with a screwdriver any more.

I'd bet it's a boon for remodelers too. Free up a nail apron pouch for it when hanging drywall. How cool is that?

So far I like it but I don't think I'd choose it to be my only drill/driver. Sure is cute as a bug's ear though.
          John

Comment

I bought the drill and so far I like it. You can dial down the torque a lot compared to more powerful drills. I do a lot with cedar and maybe I won't have to finish screws with a screwdriver any more.

I'd bet it's a boon for remodelers too. Free up a nail apron pouch for it when hanging drywall. How cool is that?

So far I like it but I don't think I'd choose it to be my only drill/driver. Sure is cute as a bug's ear though.
            I know, I got a chance to fondle <mmmmm!> one at Lowe's the other day. Very Cool! It even had enough of a charge left in it to feel the torque of the pint-size dynamo!
            Phil
            Tools Rule

Comment

Working...
            X