Questions about the R5010 Hammer Drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the R5010 Hammer Drill

I just purchased this drill as an all around hammer drill to add to my collection of power drills. There is a knob for the torque setting the first being the "circle" which is for pulse mode then 1-6. After 6 there is a "+" sign, the user manual makes no mention of it. Anyone know what this is for? Also a general question about what settings to use for what application of drilling i'm doing. Why wouldn't I always use the highest torque setting? Is there somewhere I can get a break down of what the rpms are in the different speed setting? Thanks.

see page 14
    Last edited by Bob D.; 10-19-2007, 03:57 PM.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

So, does it act as a clutch and disengage the drilling action, if so that is a pretty nice feature on a corded hammer drill?

Woodslayer

Comment

Thanks for the info. Wonder why the manual that came with the drill didn't inlcude this.

Comment

This hammer drill has been out for along time.this technology comes from a green toolmaker.

Comment

Working...
          X