X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanding Sleeves for EB4424

I recently bought an EB4424 and found a good price on actual Ridgid sleeves. Go to Cummins Industrial Tool at

http://www.cumminstools.com

and search on Ridgid. They aslo sell reconditioned Ridgid power tools. Prices are $0.82 for two 1/2" sleeves to $1.23 each for 2" sleeves.

Just yesterday I saw a pack of 10 assorted sleeves at the orange box, but they wanted $14.97.

Comment

Ok, I read the entire string on finding EB4424 sleeves and saw no information on where I could find the. I just spent a hour on the Ridgid.com and Ridgidparts.com and don't believe it's possible to order them there. I have the part numbers and when I put them in the search the right picture of the sleeve comes up but also a statment that the part isn't available. I did find the 4/24 Sanding belt at Home depot but no sleeves there or at Rockler store. This is quite aggravating and Ridgid needs to fix this quickly. I agree with with Ronald "If HD can't sell or supply the correct replacement parts to a tool they sell, then they won't get my business". Still looking

Comment

Originally posted by cmorgan577 View Post
        I did find the 4/24 Sanding belt at Home depot but no sleeves there or at Rockler store.
        Will these work for you:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...ding%20sleeves

That is what I normally buy when I used to live near a Rockler. They always carried a few bags in stock. If you are visiting a Rockler store and they don't have any in, they should be willing to order some in for you so you can pick them up at the store or deliver to your home. They were always quite accomodating at the one near me. Or you can purchase them online from Rockler or the link that papadan pasted above. I have also seen them at Woodcraft.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

For the few of you who might be Canadians reading this thread, 150 grit sleeves of the correct size are readily available on the shelves of your local Canadian Tire store. I was pleasantly surprised (aka shocked!) to make that discovery last night while browsing their abrasives dept. Reasonably priced, as well, as near as I can tell by checking out other sources. House of Tools also has them in a wider variety of grits, if you are out West or if you don't mind mail-order.

Comment

Working...
          X