X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts 3650 shaking badly

I recently purchased the 3650 and it seems to jump when first turned on and the when shut down starts to wobble. While motor is at speed it runs great and passes the nickel test. However as soon as you turn the power off Hold ON. It's like an old car that shakes and wobbles when you turn the engine off. The pulleys look like they are tracking correctly tension seems fine. I'm stumped any ideas????

Also any great router table attaching plans would be a huge help. I just bought a Jessem router lift FX and want to use it on the 3650.

Any help with either issue would be great.

Thank You
    Alex

Sounds like the motor isn't mounted correctly even though you say it looks aligned. Go back to the manual and repeat the motor installation procedure again.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Tried following directions

I tried removing and resetting the motor. Followed the instructions in the manual again and still have motor shake during shut down. Tried exchanging motor at HD. Put in new motor and still have shaking during shut down. Motor is bouncing in spring mount during wind down causing the whole saw to shake. How much motor travel is to be expected during shut down? Should it be moving up and down in the mount at all or stand still and just come to a stop????

Thank You Alex

Comment

Alex,
        Try setting the motor with about 2 1/2" between the motor mount and the bracket on the saw.
        Also, on mine the motor could slide sideways about 3/16". I added a fender washer to remove that movement, and that helped a lot. IMO if the motor can slide, the pulleys don't stay in alignment.
        Check the belt for a 'set'. Lay it on a flat surface and make a circle with it. It shouldn't have any or dips in it.
        ken
        Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

You may want to check to make sure the pulleys on the motor and arbor are running true. Also, my arbor was only hand tight as I received it. If the arbor is loose, all kinds of bad things could happen. Check to make sure all six bolts are tight.
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

[quote=Gofor]You may want to check to make sure the pulleys on the motor and arbor are running true. Also, my arbor was only hand tight as I received it. If the arbor is loose, all kinds of bad things could happen. Check to make sure all six bolts are tight.[/quote]

Did you mean trunnions,rather than arbor?
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

You are absolutely correct, sir. I meant the trunnion bolts
              Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

And the question is...

AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK...
                Lorax
                "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...