X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a picture of the bad arbor of the TS3650

I've searched through the posts and found a couple of pictures of the good or new arbor but couldn't find a picture of the arbor that has the problem with dado stacks. Thinking of purchasing the saw and want to make sure on what to look out for. Thanks.

Here you go...

Click image for larger version

Name:	82ac2ce8d4d5fd0421fe04c9a5005355.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	114
    10 characters
    Last edited by steelewoodworker; 02-12-2006, 06:12 PM.
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

I just got my saw together and when I look at the arbor on my saw it looks like the arbor in the left of the picture. Am I correct in thinking that the picture is of a "good" arbor on the left and the "bad" arbor on the right?. Or is the picture of the bad arbor from two different angles?.

Thanks....

Comment

The good arbor is on the left.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Any one know if they at least warranty the "bad" arbor?

Seems to me that all that would be required is a washer to fill the threadless area.

I'm thinking in terms of a "bad" arbor is one with poor machining, or too much runout, but, what do I know, I'm no machinist.
          Phil
          Tools Rule

Comment

Go here:
            http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7585

Read the first post in the thread, and then follow the link to the thread about the arbor issue.

A washer should not be added. In fact nothing should be added between the arbor flange and the blade as far as I know (RTFM). This is just plain dangerous, screws your setup all to hell, and just for good measure none of your zero clearance inserts will work.

I fail to see how a washer will cure your definition of a "bad" arbor... "a "bad" arbor is one with poor machining, or too much runout.."

Both of those conditions would indeed be 'bad' arbors', but a washer will not fix machining errors.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

The bad arbors do not create any problems until you try to run a stacked dado set. The missing thread causes the chipper to run in an ellipse causing a groove in the bottom of the dado.
              SSG, U.S. Army
              Retired
              K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I can visualize the problem, and why the picture "good arbor - bad arbor" is confusing. In the picture of the bad arbor, the line points directly to the dell in question. In the picture of the good arbor, due to the different angualtion of the picture, it cannot be seen but only inferred that there is no dell, the threads fill in that space.
                I have an older TS3650, and just used a dado for the first time, and did have that exact problem. It really isn't pretty.

Does anyone know, if I call Ridgid, will they send me a new arbor? I am not the original owner, BTW. Is the arbor difficult to replace?

Comment

I think if you call Ridgid they will sent you a new arbor even though you are the second owner, it was there design flaw. There is a thread here on how to change the arbor. you could do a search for it or maybe the member that posted it will post a link to it for you.
                  SSG, U.S. Army
                  Retired
                  K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
                  X