Anyone else have this problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have this problem?

I have the BS1400 and just changed the blade. The lower screw on the rear blade guard is hard to get to because the lower door does not open all the way because it hits the motor. Even with a stubby screw driver it is hard to remove the screw. Anyone else have this problem?
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

" The lower screw on the rear blade guard is hard to get to because the lower door does not open all the way because it hits the motor. "

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

Sorry, couldn't resist, this is a problem that I have seen mentioned a number of times over the years by BS1400 owners, of which I am not one.

I guess there is no way to correct it without redesigning the saw, so it remains. I will have to look at the saw next time I am in HD just to see first hand what the fuss is about. Gee, you'd think that someone from the OWT design staff would/could do the same after so many comments about the problem. Of course they don't have to actually change blades do they?

Wow, does it show that I just re-read a couple of the arbor issue threads

I'm gonna go make some sawdust and clear my head, that shouldn't take much.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

I have decided to remove the phillips head screws and replace them with hex head bolts. That way I can just use a wrench or 1/4 inch socket to remove them.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

TOD,

Another solution is to replace your V-belt with a link belt. Add a couple of inches and move the motor to the back of the mount. This will give the bottom door clearance and reduce vibration in the saw. I see that Rockler has a four foot link belt on sale. If I remember correctly, it takes about 44".

Comment

Yep, CJH is right. I did just that. Moving the motor to the back of the mounts and installed the linkbelt. Came in a 48" length, so I have a few inks left over. Now I can open the lower door and have less vibration too!

Comment

Working...
          X