Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid thickness planer anybody have used one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid thickness planer anybody have used one?

Hi all another question.

I need a planer looking at the Ridgid LS1300.

Has anybody had some long term use of one.

Don't want to drop $350.00 for a year.

Want one that will go the run.

Just home stuff and maybe a few odd jobs at my place.

But no serious heavy duty use.

So please chime in .

Was also thinking of Roybi and Delta.

Dewalt maybe.

Thanks

Jeff
    Not responsible for speeling mistakes
    Jeff

"Not responsible for speeling mistakes"

Try www.iespell.com , it's free
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Reef12,

If you are asking about the Ridgid TP1300LS planar, I have had one since January 2001 and it has served me well. It was the first piece of Ridgid equipment I got and have since gotten many pieces because of the quality I have found in it.

Jerry
      It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Originally posted by steelewoodworker
        Reef12,

If you are asking about the Ridgid TP1300LS planar, I have had one since January 2001 and it has served me well. It was the first piece of Ridgid equipment I got and have since gotten many pieces because of the quality I have found in it.

Jerry

Thank you.

I have read thru all the older threads and was a little on leary side as a few said would not last under certain conditions.

Thanks
        again.
        Jeff

Comment

I got mine last August and it has worked very well for me.

Comment

I just bought one this week. I've only run 15-20 board feet through it so far. I've been impressed so far. I really like the fact it includes a stand and an extra set of knives. Can't say about long term reliability yet, but if you register it online and send in the upc and a copy of the receipt, you get the 3 yr warranty converted to a lifetime warranty. BTW, this forum really helped when I had feed problems on the second board I ran through. Just cleaned the feed rollers with alcohol, and it's running like a champ ever since. Thanks guys.

Comment

Great Machine

Not sure how long I have had mine, several years though. I would not hesitate to buy another one if I needed it. I have not had a single problem with mine and I buy all rough cut hardwoods
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Anyone of those you mentioned should do a good job, however I have less confidence in the Ryobi. Otherwise just pick the one you like.

Comment

I've had a Rigid planer for 5-6 years and use it just the way you describe and am VERY pleased. I'm just about to change the (included) blades for the first time.

Comment

Clean the rollers with alcohol.

Good tip but not the drinking kind
                    Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X