X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plate Joiner Question

I am getting ready to purchase a plate joiner. I have been looking at the DeWalt models. HD has a corded one for $169. I was looking at Grisslys web site and see they have it for $149 and an 18v cordless for $199. I have a 6 piece combo 18v set from DeWalt and am now sort of leaning toward the cordless one. I am just wondering if the cordless one would be up to the task for a hobbyist like me?
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Would you ever need to use it where there is no power available? If not save the 50 bucks.

Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Yup, you can buy an awful lot of biscuits for $50.

I don't know what your useage will be but based on the amount of run time mine gets I'd seriously consider buying a reconditioned unit from somewhere and save even more money.

Another unit you might want to do a little research on is the Freud JS102. It seems to get generally positive feedback from owners and IIRC goes for around $110.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If you go with the Freud as Dave suggests get the 102 not the lower priced 100, the fence is much better on the JS102.

Here's a link to an AWW tool test from a while back;
        http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker...teJointers.pdf
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I just ordered the corded model DeWalt from Grizzly. Thanks for all the input.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
          X