Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Anyone else have missing parts on their new 3650?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have missing parts on their new 3650?

We just got ours home & had missing parts -
    Customer service won't send them for 10-14 days!
    Anyone else have this problem?

Of all the 3650 posts I've seen in the last 2 1/2 years, you're the first to complain of missing parts. What exactly are you missing?
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Depending on what was missing and if I was going to be able to use the saw at all or not before the missing parts arrived, I would be tempted to bring the saw back and get a new one.

My wife is always willing to point out I am not know for my patience....

WWS
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
        Depending on what was missing and if I was going to be able to use the saw at all or not before the missing parts arrived, I would be tempted to bring the saw back and get a new one.

My wife is always willing to point out I am not know for my patience....

WWS
        LOL
        I'm not patient either, but this thing weighs a ton and why should I have to haul it back when they could send the parts out?!
        I just think 10-14 days is a bit ridiculous -
        They could have it here overnight no problem, if they really wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax
          Of all the 3650 posts I've seen in the last 2 1/2 years, you're the first to complain of missing parts. What exactly are you missing?
          The 4 foot braces

Not a big deal for operation, but in order to put them on when I receive them, I'd have to take the thing apart again. You can't exactly turn it upside down to put the foot braces on

Comment

I thought my foot braces were missing but they were still in the box stuck down in the styrofoam. I would double check the box.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by daisyPA
              LOL
              I'm not patient either, but this thing weighs a ton and why should I have to haul it back when they could send the parts out?!
              I just think 10-14 days is a bit ridiculous -
              They could have it here overnight no problem, if they really wanted to
              Agreed, for something small and light that you are missing they should be able to send out the parts much faster without too much of a dent in their wallet and make the customer happier to correct a mistake on their end. Did you happen to ask them if maybe they couldn't get them to you a little faster or try to escalate?

WWS

Comment

Originally posted by TOD
                I thought my foot braces were missing but they were still in the box stuck down in the styrofoam. I would double check the box.
                WHAT HE SAID!! They are at the bottom of one of the cavities in the styrofoam packing.
                Lorax

Comment

ah! THANKS - I will check for them again!

Comment

If you didnt find them go back to you store and raise some cain. Many times if there is something missing in a package (it doesnt happen very often though) I have just opened up the next box on the shelf and gotten the missing parts out. Then HD can deal with the missing parts and you can go finish getting you saw together. Once on a Ryobi, we were just missing the 1/4" nuts and bolts, we pulled them off the regular hardware shelf and all was fine.

Usually though what happens is the employee that opened the new box to get you your parts forgets to put the missing parts box aside for RTV and then the next guy comes along and buys it, missing parts and "all"

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out just how big you have to be before the 3650 is a "portable power tool"???
                      Phil
                      Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG.
                        I'm still trying to figure out just how big you have to be before the 3650 is a "portable power tool"???
                        I don't know where you got the idea that it was, but when you figure it out, let us know. OK?
                        Lorax

Comment

Just a thought...

I am guessing because this thread is under the

RIDGID Plumbing Forum, Woodworking Forum, Power Tool Forum > Portable Power Tools

thread. But it is just a guess......

Comment

Right you are. Well, it does have wheels!
                            I think we need a new forum topic.
                            Lorax

Comment

Okay, hubby is eating some serious humble pie -
                              I went out to the house & found them on the first look-see
                              THANK YOU all

Comment

Working...
                              X