Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the real SCFM of Ridgid OF45150?

Can anyone help me? There appears to be 2 different readings on the Ridgid OF45150 twin stack compressor. At Homedepot.ca and on the actual box and machine the ouput reads 4.9 SCFM@90PSI but at the official RIDGID site and on many reviews it reads 6.2 SCFM. Does anyone own this machine? What is the actual output? How would you compare it to a PC pancake compressor (Model CFFC350C). It is just for home use (ie. some home reno and small auto jobs) I just don't want to buy the PC combo with the framing nailer and find the tank is to small for the occasional tire rotation?(eventhough ridgid is only .5 gallon bigger!) Price is better for the PC combo(because of nailer) but compressor wise will I really notice a difference? Or are things like tank size and the small approx. 1 scfm difference much of an issue for occasional use?
    Last edited by petjat; 02-10-2006, 10:32 PM.

There's a 'new' and 'old' output rating according to CH support.
    The support person did not know the difference in rating methodology or
    the compressor's 'new' rating.

The Rigid and HD web sites use the 'old' output rating.

CH support also stated the Ridgid OF45150 had higher output v. any CH branded compressors.

There's also a difference in stated warranty coverages on the HD web site (3yrs complete unit) v. CH support (1yr complete unit/2 additional years compressor and tank).
    Forgot to ask if 'compressor' was pump only or pump/motor unit...

Comment

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks for your help and any additional info you may come across. Does anyone have any experience with this model?? Is it worth not taking the PC framing nailer combo for this one soley on a compressor comparison??

Comment

I wonder if they have the specs for different models mixed up.
        On Ridgid's website the OF45150 Oil Free TwinStack is 6.2 SCFM @ 90 PSI,
        and the OL50135 Oil Lube TwinStack is 4.6 SCFM @ 90 PSI

However, after just now looking on the www.homedepot.ca website, I only see the Oil Free compressor listed, with as you stated a 4.9SCFM @ 90PSIG rating.

On the Homedepot.com site, the Oil Lube compressor is rated at 6.4/4.6 SCFM at 40/90 PSI.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Confusion will be my Epitath

I just unpacked an OF45150 Oil Free TwinStack from a box clearly printed as
          6.2 SCFM @ 40 PSI
          4.9 SCFM @ 90 PSI.

The compressor's decal states 4.9 SCFM @ 90 PSI.

Hmmmm...

The hard copy Owner's manual warranty appears to match
          the Rigid web site's Owner's manual warranty (pdf) - 3yrs complete unit.
          (This web source is a correction to my previous post.)
          Last edited by andcrs2; 02-11-2006, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Dunno about yall but I'm going to forget my CH conversation.
            I'll worry later if problems surface.

BTW this is my first new 'oil free' unit.

I wonder how much heat the piston ring will endure?
            Definitely need max run time minutes.
            ____% duty cycle (continuous run time v. downtime) @ 100F ambient temp, 1.5' elev

Clues/experiences anyone?

Comment

From the horses....mouth

Just got this from RIDGID's support staff:
              The specification have changed due to a new standard for rating air compress power. The new standard is ISO 1217. This new standard rates average and not peak performance. When comparing with the competitors, you need to check what standard is being used to rate their units.

The Ridge Tool Company
              Technical Service Department

Comment

ANy idea on HUSKY compressors? We now have this combo with a 13 gallon 5hp compressor with a tool set including a impact wrench, sprayer and inflator kit. It has a 5.1 SCFM @ 90!!! Any takers??

Comment

Working...
                X