Ridgid Jointer outfeed table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Jointer outfeed table

I just purchased the Ridgid JP0610 jointer. After assembly and adjustment I noticed that the outfeed table seems to be tilted down toward the floor. I noticed this after I ran a test piece through the machine and the knives lost contact with the board about 3/4 of the way through the piece. The manual doesn't seem to have a fix for this. Any suggestions on a fix?

Rob

If you look in the manual it shows you how to adjust the infeed and outfeed tables. There are adjustment screws on the two corners nearest the planer bed. If you have problems with feed hesitation, be sure and clean your feed rollers with a solvent. Most people use alcohol. There are several recent threads about this.

Comment

J O I N T E R

N O T

P L A N E R
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I also just bought that jointer over the weekend. Hopefully I will get some time to assemble it this week and will see how it comes out and if I have the same problem. Aren't there any adjustments that can be made to level out the table?

WWS
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith
          I also just bought that jointer over the weekend. Hopefully I will get some time to assemble it this week and will see how it comes out and if I have the same problem. Aren't there any adjustments that can be made to level out the table?

WWS
          I'm not really sure but after re-reading the manual I'm going to try and play around with Gib adjustments and see if that helps. I'll post my results.

Comment

Rob,

Mine got out of whack a few months ago. The manual covers it on page 17. (See attachment)

Bob R
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob R
              Rob,

Mine got out of whack a few months ago. The manual covers it on page 17. (See attachment)

Bob R
              Thanks Bob,

That and the fact that my outfeed table was just a hair too high threw everything out of whack. Adjusted both and finally got it working. Thanks for the help. the fact that I didn't catch that will be chalked up as an over anxious rookie mistake!

Rob

Comment

Working...
              X