X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid battery operated jig saw

Hi folks, I'm a newbie to the site and was wondering if anyone knew where I can buy a battery operated Rigid jig saw. I live in san nDiego and the HD folks said they're not made anymore...say it ain's so. Thanks in advance.

Mick2

not much luck here

Found one as part of a kit on e-bay, but the starting bid is ridiculous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-18-VOLT-C...QQcmdZViewItem
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I'd go to your local HD and ask them to do a remote SKU lookup. That'll check the the stores in your district to see if anyone has one in stock. That was was clearanced a while ago so i highly doubt there will be any left but it's worth a try.

If none are left anywhere i guess ebay is your next best bet.

Comment

Like I've been saying (although no one believed me) it will be in a drill/jigsaw combo kit. It's at my local Home Depot. $229. 164601 is the SKU. Call first and make sure they are there. Old batteries though. Buy it and eBay the drill if you don't want it.
        I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

Has it really been discontinued or is the Ridgid web site that far behind? It is being show here on the site.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R843-Cor...gsaw/index.htm
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Some reconditioned ones come up on Amazon when I searched froogle but they say they currently unavailable.

Saw a couple on ebay:

and

Both come sans battery.

I'd like to get one some day but I'm so broke right now I can't even pay attention.

Comment

Hi I bought one in Nov. for $129.00 the man in HD said they may be discontinued however when i wrote Ridgid they said no. Now I try to find another at HD and they said the same thing discontinued so again i write Ridgid and this time they said yes discontinued as single items . Didnt mention a kit . Anthony

Comment

I got my jig saw in the mail last may I think! Had bought the kit in Dec 04 and the rebate came with another battery too. It sadens me to heare it might be discontinued. It is a very fine tool, very solid in your hands. Im happy to have it!
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                Be safe out there folks
                Bob B
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Two of my local HD are selling the battery Ridgid jigsaw as a combo with another tool. I am sorry to say that I was in such a hurry (had a friend stuck up in the hills and needed a tow strap and HD was the only place open that early) that I did not notice what was the other tool it was packaged with. It may have been a cordless drill? If I need to go back anytime soon I will post back as I don't see it online. (Hope I wasn't hallucinating! )

WWS
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

My Local Borg has three

marked down to 129.99. Send me a line if you want one. Willing to help out a fellow forum member.

Comment

I've seen them in two local stores (portland, or) in the last week. At one store I was specifically looking for one, saw none on display, but on a shelf up high there were 12 of the jigsaw/drill 18v combo kits. the kit was $230. If your local HD is willing to do a search of local stores you might be able to find one.

Comment

Working...
                      X