My Vote For New Useless Tool...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Vote For New Useless Tool...

Just received the Lowes propaganda email. As I was slicing through the canned "meat" substance, I came across this:
    Campbell Hausfeld Cordless Air Compressor With Radio

I can't see the usefulness of having music while you are using a noisy air compressor. (I can just imagine the HI-FI this thing will have )
    What are they smoking at CH???
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Originally posted by PhilG.
    What are they smoking at CH???

If they really wanted to have a cool product, they'd have included a CB radio so you could call someone to fix your flat!!
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Comment

I guess they got to make their job site radio... to bad you'll blow out the speakers when you turn it up enough to hear the music.

Should have stuck with the good stuff like the compressor i have. Ugly as my neighbors dog but works great!
      "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
      "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

This is almost as dumb as waterproof cigarettes - so you can smoke in the shower.
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

This is almost as dumb as waterproof cigarettes - so you can smoke in the shower.

HEY RIDGID, this is not how to make your "revolutionary" jobsite radio!
          Notes:
          A) include multiple functions
          B) make sure they are useful functions
          C) make sure that the functions are "homogenious" totgether
          Don't:
          add stuff from shop use to stuff for kitchen use or stuff for the fishing trip added to stuff for the jobsite or stuff for the wife to stuff for the jobsite etc.
          HOWEVER,
          You could always add free snacks in with the offer (note to Ridgid: men like snacks or season tix to professional sports)

C, dat's how CH messt up - wot dey wuz smokin made dem eat dose free snacks dey wux givin away widit.
          Phil
          Tools Rule

Comment

HEY RIDGID...always add free snacks in with the offer (note to Ridgid: men like snacks or season tix to professional sports)
            (Of course most men would shell out the $99.00 for the tool if it came with $6.00 of goodies, after all we aren't the ones who have to pay the bills)

"Honey, lookey here, I bought you an angle grinder for your Anniversery! OH, and look it came with this neat his n hers BubbKeg mugs and a neat RIDGID insulated lunch box; sorry hun, HD doesn't have a gift wrapping deparrtment"

Make sure it is small enough to hide from the wife!
            (what the H"""#, give the wife a tiny gift too!)
            Phil
            Tools Rule

Comment

Phil, I think there is some kind of combination Municipal/County/State/Federal law against quoting yourself and then posting a reply too that quote. We won't even go near the part about using the internet to talk to yourself.
              ================================================== ====
              ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

maybe some of us enjoy talking to ourselves on line. At least we know someone heard us. What? I said at least some one heard us. did i miss anything?

Or there is the possibility that his wife also has his password and log on to talk to each other. Which if they find this topic interesting good for them they're a perfect match. If not he may be Schizophrenic like me. (love that spell check)

Back to what Phil G was saying before he broke the taboo of specking to one's self on line....

What is the use for a cordless chainsaw? You'll need several battery's to do any small job. You'd do better getting the skil 9 or 12" pruning wood blades for your sawzall.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                  Phil, I think there is some kind of combination Municipal/County/State/Federal law against quoting yourself and then posting a reply too that quote. We won't even go near the part about using the internet to talk to yourself.

Sorry BadgerDave,
                  I got to feeling like no one was here...
                  tap tap tap

Is this thing on????

Phil
                  Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
                    maybe some of us enjoy talking to ourselves on line. At least we know someone heard us. What? I said at least some one heard us. did i miss anything?

Or there is the possibility that his wife also has his password and log on to talk to each other. Which if they find this topic interesting good for them they're a perfect match. If not he may be Schizophrenic like me. (love that spell check)

Back to what Phil G was saying before he broke the taboo of specking to one's self on line....

What is the use for a cordless chainsaw? You'll need several battery's to do any small job. You'd do better getting the skil 9 or 12" pruning wood blades for your sawzall.
                    sparky, don't knock it till you try it. i have a cordless chainsaw and it works great for a quick trim. can't drop a whole tree, but enough to give it a good haircut also it's 10 times faster than a cordless sawzall

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

So which brand tools is your chainsaw. How many times does it drain a battery?

Comment

the tools are 18 volt. chainsaw is a homelite, same now as the roybi. never used it enought to kill the battery. it's good for pruning the ficus that comes over the fence. also the 4 piece kit came with a pole style sawzall, a hedge trimmer that also works good and the 4th i can't remember. the batteries are the same as the roybi and it's now the same parent co. my wife likes the cordless wet dry vac. (dust buster style).

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Looks like I gotta do a little work on my delivery! Those smilees were intended to show I was just funnin with ya. Really, its OK, you can talk to yourself as much as ya want.
                          ================================================== ====
                          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
                            sparky, don't knock it till you try it. i have a cordless chainsaw and it works great for a quick trim. can't drop a whole tree, but enough to give it a good haircut also it's 10 times faster than a cordless sawzall

rick.
                            So who makes a cordless chainsaw? Maybe we can convince Milwaukee to make a V28 model!
                            Then it would be awesome!
                            Phil
                            Tools Rule

Comment

so true....

I guess they give you a radio to listen to as the unit recycles....you surely can't hear it when its on.....kenny

Comment

Working...
                              X